SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls State game day,

Nodak78

2 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

Needs to be a HC change.  When you can't get up your team up to play for a chance to win their first playoff game ever AND get a crack at your long time rival the next week, something is very very wrong. 

Well when you have the AD tweeting he can’t wait until next year to continue the success of Bubbaball, I don’t think that is going to happen. What is Chaves drinking. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, crb1 said:

Well when you have the AD tweeting he can’t wait until next year to continue the success of Bubbaball, I don’t think that is going to happen. What is Chaves drinking. 

Whatever $3.75 will get you.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what was the attendance?  this game should've been at the alerus and maybe just maybe bubba wouldn't have punted down 11 WITH 6 MINUTES LEFT!!!!!!!!

That was the dagger.  The way we couldn't stop the run that was hoping for a fluke play or something....

33 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Again, incredibly telling when #8 walked past Kyle S. on sideline after that bonehead penalty.

Definitely a bad look. Not going to speculate any further as to not upset some on here, but my opinion of Bubba is partially formed due to such things as what is quoted above. 

10 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Chaves is drinking reality. UND athletics is not in a great place financially. Bubba was extended (you know, one of the Faison specials) following the 2016 choke job vs Richmond, and as such, UND is stuck with him for at least 2020 and possibly even 2021.

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Chaves is drinking reality. UND athletics is not in a great place financially. Bubba was extended (you know, one of the Faison specials) following the 2016 choke job vs Richmond, and as such, UND is stuck with him for at least 2020 and 2021.

Name an FCS school that can or will pay two years of a contract to fire a guy?  Zero.

6 minutes ago, crb1 said:

It would cost $440,000 to not have Bubba Coaching next year.  

From Chaves’ perspective, that’s a hefty price to pay to get rid of a coach who’s won more games than he’s lost and just took the team to the playoffs for the 2nd time in four years.

Not advocating one way or the other, just pointing out the financial aspect of it........

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Siouxphan27 said:

High Performance Circus. 

The big tent was the MASH operating theater... now called operating room. The little ones were the wards with the beds.... I still can not believe we had tents. I mean look how big football is in the south. How did we get the only (?maybe) stadium with tents?

Just now, bincitysioux said:

It would cost $440,000 to not have Bubba Coaching next year.  

From Chaves’ perspective, that’s a hefty price to pay to get rid of a coach who’s won more games than he’s lost and just took the team to the playoffs for the 2nd time in four years.

Not advocating one way or the other, just pointing out the financial aspect of it........

Agreed. It’s obvious Bubba will be UND’s Head Coach in 2020. I wish he wasn’t.