SiouxSports.com Forum

Nicholls State game day,

Nodak78

Serious question.....when does attendance or lack thereof become part of the equation? Averaged 8300 which was down 11% from last season. If next year's average is below 8000 then what and that's a strong possibility.

The students are completely disinterested in this program. I believe season ticket holders are and have been on the decline.

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Definitely a bad look. Not going to speculate any further as to not upset some on here, but my opinion of Bubba is partially formed due to such things as what is quoted above. 

#8 not at post game presser either?

45 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Another reason they have to find a chair for Bubba within the U.  That potential scene should be coached down before it ever happens.

Way back after Schuester’s (sp?) first game where he stepped up to the plate and did so well, I questioned that whole QB situation.... there were reasons Bubba went back to Kett and allowed that behavior. Don’t know the reasons but his hands seemed to be tied.... again... an AD should have settled it. I can’t blame Bubba... seemed a “hands off Kett” thing. But I don’t want to speculate!

2 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Couldn’t really blame Faison at the time could you?

UND was Big Sky Champ, Bubba was Coach of the Year, earned a seed in the playoffs.  FBS win and nearly made playoffs in 2015.

I don’t recall any belly-aching when he was extended.

I recall thinking a three year extension would have been plenty.  

17 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

How much was it?

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/2202894-und-fires-head-football-coach-chris-mussman

Mussman has two years remaining on his contract. He will receive his full salary in 2014 and 50 percent of his salary in 2015, providing he does not take another coaching position. The full buyout will cost UND approximately $175,000, although Faison said no student fees or state-appropriated money will be used to cover those costs.

10 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

Couldn’t really blame Faison at the time could you?

UND was Big Sky Champ, Bubba was Coach of the Year, earned a seed in the playoffs.  FBS win and nearly made playoffs in 2015.

I don’t recall any belly-aching when he was extended.

It seemed like the right decision at the time. Knowing what we know now, it was the wrong decision. 

• Upvote 1

Where's that joker that told everyone to "relax"? Should we still be RELAXING......Bubs needs to go. Or have we forgotten about the proud tradition that is North Dakota football???? I have not and I know most of the people on this board have not either. Things need to change.

• Upvote 2