SiouxSports.com Forum

Onto Sam Houston

UNDBIZ

28 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Here is the link to Sam Houston forum...they still think we are running the same offense as before, run up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and pass on 3rd...any chance their coaches are as clueless as their fans ? 

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/forumdisplay.php?28-Bearkat-Football-and-the-Southland

No, they know what’s going on. They’ll be ready or at least knowledgeable of some of our new schemes. 

42 minutes ago, ND1 said:

Here is the link to Sam Houston forum...they still think we are running the same offense as before, run up the middle on 1st and 2nd down and pass on 3rd...any chance their coaches are as clueless as their fans ? 

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/forumdisplay.php?28-Bearkat-Football-and-the-Southland

They sure are confident. I don;t blame them after our performance on Saturday but I have faith we rebound and play a much sharper game.

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Per usual, a Bozoville fan fill the Kat fans with nonsense.

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I can see Sam Houston covering, but not winning.

That's a  really big number IMO coming off a 31 points loss. General rule of thumb is the home team automatically gives/lays 3 for playing at home. On a neutral field that's UND -8 and at SHSU it would be roughly UND -5. I'd take the points in all 3 scenarios.

I say UND wins Saturday by 3 or 4

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2019 at 7:50 AM, ChrisUND1 said:

Yep, the NDSU game was one game on this schedule.  UND lost an early season game on the road.  Done thinking about it.  Excited about Saturday!  BEAT SAM!

GO FIGHTING HAWKS!

Agreed!  I hope the team moves forward with ferocity and gives the 'kats an ass whoopin'.  I hope they're determined to get another crack at those SOB's in Fargo.  Let's go!

The fans treated me very well last year in Huntsville, so please be gracious hosts.

48 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Line down to UND -7.5. That's a big swing from opening up at UND -11.

Makes sense to be honest.  -11 is a huge spread for what is essentially a toss up.  I think Massey has by -11, which makes sense for the line to start there.  By the way, UND is ranked 15th in massey, and hardly have any votes received in any of the polls.  Then again, I shouldn't say anything because a lot of us, myself included, hate on NDSU for always quoting the sagarin ratings, and its also early in the season.

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Makes sense to be honest.  -11 is a huge spread for what is essentially a toss up.  I think Massey has by -11, which makes sense for the line to start there.  By the way, UND is ranked 15th in massey, and hardly have any votes received in any of the polls.  Then again, I shouldn't say anything because a lot of us, myself included, hate on NDSU for always quoting the sagarin ratings, and its also early in the season.

If our offense clicks we should win by 2 scores.  That is there key.  I believe we will.

33 minutes ago, MDtoGF said:

Some thoughts on UND-SHSU, read and let me know yours! https://seamoresports.com/2019/09/11/surveying-und-sam-houston-three-thoughts/

Agree with your assessment. 

UND is at home. Needs to keep hope alive for 2019; UND absolutely needs to defend their home turf at the Alerus Center and get the win. 

Losing two in a row against NDSU - visible to everyone - and SHSU at home would be tough on the fan base and even the players' psyche. 

GO OUT THERE AND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS, UND. GO HAWKS!