SiouxSports.com Forum

Onto Sam Houston

UNDBIZ

28 minutes ago, sportfishin89 said:

Kat fan here... just wanted to stop in and talk some football.  Looking forward to the game on Saturday.   I am thinking this will be a tough game again  just like last year.  

after last week we are all a bit gun shy.  Think it will be a very entertaining game for both sides, close, and hopefully both teams make it out healthy.  SHSU looks very strong again this year with bigtime playmakers!

12 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

after last week we are all a bit gun shy.  Think it will be a very entertaining game for both sides, close, and hopefully both teams make it out healthy.  SHSU looks very strong again this year with bigtime playmakers!

yes... me personally, I was not happy they scheduled the game they did for last week, but it was a game that had to be played.  Keeler has reloaded with some big time players, but the team is healthy.  Last years injuries completely derailed the season.  The biggest difference in this year vs last year is that the Kats have got bigger on both lines for 2019.   Plus the addition of the Texas RB Toneil Carter was a big addition.

I agree, I just hope both teams stay healthy after this game.

48 minutes ago, sportfishin89 said:

yes... me personally, I was not happy they scheduled the game they did for last week, but it was a game that had to be played.  Keeler has reloaded with some big time players, but the team is healthy.  Last years injuries completely derailed the season.  The biggest difference in this year vs last year is that the Kats have got bigger on both lines for 2019.   Plus the addition of the Texas RB Toneil Carter was a big addition.

I agree, I just hope both teams stay healthy after this game.

Interesting, we have done the opposite.

Over the course of the week, this game is one that now scares me.  Even though it may not necessarily be the case, this game feels like a must win to legitimize this team.  And with a Jekyll performance one week, and a Hyde performance one week, I don't know what to make of this game.  It's a game that UND is capable of winning, which is probably why I am so scared of losing.  Hope we pull through.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone with “inside” knowledge know why McKinney plays sparingly?   The most explosive player und has yet he only gets a couple touches a game?  Injured? 

Same applies to griebel.   

Und has to do a better job with lateral movement on D.  Ndsu picked them apart wide.  Sam’s guys are slippery ..... make the first contact and it’s a must to wrap up. Part of the lateral concern for me, and has been from day 1, is the OLBs. Jaxon is really good but outside of him I’m not impressed.  Smaller and/or slower is not a winning ingredient.  If that’s the case I would like to see Rastas get some field time at OlB. Perfect mentality for a defensive player...he gets it done!  He was a fresh all American at ILB couple years ago.