SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Drake GDT 8/31/2019

SiouxFan100

Zim threw a couple ugly balls, but man is he competitive. He’s agile, elusive, athletic, and has good pocket presence. Most of all he’s willing to take chances and willing to throw the deep ball. He makes plays and gives the offense a chance for some home runs. Kett has a stronger arm, is slow as hell and seems tentative. Silver lining that Zim started getting game reps this week instead of in the 3rd next week when kett led them to 0 points 

Well, the season now rides on Zimmerman. It is what it is. He has the willingness to go deep, which isn't a bad thing. The offense is certainly run better with Freund. If Rudolph was calling this game, it would have ended 21-7 or maybe 24-7.  We are in good hands with Freund. Defensive line looked fine today despite concerns from the "experts". Schmidt has some new wrinkles with his nickel defense, which should be good against more talented spread teams. I will say, though, that UND needs to find a solid QB for this system next year. Freund has some work to do in finding his star QB recruit for next season. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

you guys should all be absolutely fuking thrilled with the play-calling, especially in the second half. It was anything but predictable which is what everybody asked for right?

I think Zimm and Danny will be a good combo moving forward.

Non football related but if Ketts has a serious knee injury does that hurt his chances of becoming a SEAL like he wants to be after college?

God bless the kid for putting on the uniform and putting himself in harm's way for my university.  Hope it isn't serious. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

I like how Zimm played, but are we sure Kett is done? The helmet on the knee looked painful, but I didn’t see his knee buckle or anything.

Hearing the initial report is a sprain only and should be back within a couple weeks. Regardless I think Zimm did just fine and there would be little drop off with him playing 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Hearing the initial report is a sprain only and should be back within a couple weeks. Regardless I think Zimm did just fine and there would be little drop off with him playing 

High ankle? When he got rolled up on in the first half it didn’t look good. Then took a helmet to the knee

3 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think he red shirted and played right away so may be eligible next year if he likes

dang no nevermind he redshirted the year he sat so maybe could get medical redshirt 

Heard it wasn't a season ending injury. It didn't look good either. 

Nate Ketteringham7 .jpg

Nate Ketteringham8 .jpg