SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Drake GDT 8/31/2019

SiouxFan100

2 minutes ago, Feff said:

This offense is lacking any vertical or mid range passing attack to pull anyone away from the line or out of the box. If we can't win 1v1 matches against Drake's CBs we are in trouble the rest of this season. 

To be fair it doesn’t seem like much has been called downfield so far. 

1 minute ago, Feff said:

This offense is lacking any vertical or mid range passing attack to pull anyone away from the line or out of the box. If we can't win 1v1 matches against Drake's CBs we are in trouble the rest of this season. 

I agree unfortunately.   We seemed to be off to a good start and then meh.   I hope we come out strong second half.   Drake can be domimated, they aren't that good.

Every day we would hear about a circus catch or downfield play. Why isn’t that thrown into the game mix? Are they holding back? Do they not trust those plays? I agree it would be nice to see something deep to mix it up, but the play calling has been better than Rudy, at least I think so. But we need to go finish some drives.

• Upvote 1

It would have been nice to see the offense come out firing on all cylinders, but it's game one year one for Freund. I'm going to reserve my judgement for now and try to remain optimistic going forward. I don't know the logistics of installing a new offense, but I'm sure their will be some hiccups along the way. 

13 minutes ago, Feff said:

Rudy 2.0

• Downvote 2