SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Drake GDT 8/31/2019

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

After the concern of our defensive line coming into the first game - how did they do - speaking to those who see those things 

Exceeded expectations, albeit against inferior offensive linemen. Drake's OL isn't the worst in the Pioneer League, though. 

I was very very impressed with RFr DE #93 Jaelen Johnson.  The starting Dline with #55 Mason Bennett, #97 Jalen Morrison, and #99 Jaelen Johnson is going to be just fine. The depth behind those guys is a work in progress. Like predicted preseason, if the starting 3 stay healthy, UND's defense may be the most complete in the Bubba/Schmidt era. Looking ahead to NDSU, they have a very talented offense but UND's defense has a shot to confuse the cow college's young wet-behind-the-ears freshman QB. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

Listened to the game on the radio. Currently watching replay on Midco and it's thru halftime.

Quick after thoughts:

-WR's didn't help Kett in 2nd qt

-Bennett is a beast

-Refreshing to see an offense that can spread the ball around 

Kett played a great game.

23 minutes ago, DB Cooper said:

Listened to the game on the radio. Currently watching replay on Midco and it's thru halftime.

Quick after thoughts:

-Bennett is a beast

Can you post the link?  I'm looking on Midco but not finding it. 

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

Kett played a great game.

Unfortunately I was driving from AZ to ND this weekend so didn't see the game.  Saw the post it was being replayed on Midco but Kett was just taken out before i turned it on.  I believe Kett was 19-25 with 1 TD, and from what I've heard there was at least one drop in the first half.  Sounds pretty efficient.  2nd Quarter sounds like offense didn't do much, but coming out in the third quarter Kett drove them down the field but Zimm finished it off.  Was the offense rolling more in 2nd half because they came out more inspired, or was it really that Zimm made some big plays?  Maybe Zimm takes more shots down field therefore had more big plays, or did Danny just open it up a little bit?   

Thank god we have Zimm and finally a legit 2nd string QB.  We might have a QB controversy if Zimm plays really well the next 2-3 weeks, which I hope he does! 

33 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Unfortunately I was driving from AZ to ND this weekend so didn't see the game.  Saw the post it was being replayed on Midco but Kett was just taken out before i turned it on.  I believe Kett was 19-25 with 1 TD, and from what I've heard there was at least one drop in the first half.  Sounds pretty efficient.  2nd Quarter sounds like offense didn't do much, but coming out in the third quarter Kett drove them down the field but Zimm finished it off.  Was the offense rolling more in 2nd half because they came out more inspired, or was it really that Zimm made some big plays?  Maybe Zimm takes more shots down field therefore had more big plays, or did Danny just open it up a little bit?   

Thank god we have Zimm and finally a legit 2nd string QB.  We might have a QB controversy if Zimm plays really well the next 2-3 weeks, which I hope he does! 

I don't know for sure but I Danny opened it up.  Zim did make the throws.  No drop off.

15 hours ago, SlowHand said:

You guys talking about NDSU noticing things from your game tape.  Lol, they are not even looking at your game tape.

They dont need to.  Bubba Ball!

I hope the NDSU football team is as over confident as you. 

22 hours ago, DB Cooper said:

Quick after thoughts:

-Bennett is a beast

Imagine what Freund could do if he had Santiago and Oliveira this year! ???

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...