SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2019-20 Season

Frozen4sioux

8 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Yep....hoping we clinch the cup at home.....but I think it happens at UNO.

According to some, that would mean we are falling apart because our lead would have dwindled to half of what it is now.  Give me a Penrose any which way, because it certainly isn't easy to win.  

53 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Yep....hoping we clinch the cup at home.....but I think it happens at UNO.

So, we split the rest of the way?

45 minutes ago, tnt said:

According to some, that would mean we are falling apart because our lead would have dwindled to half of what it is now.  Give me a Penrose any which way, because it certainly isn't easy to win.  

I mean, if we go 4-3-1 down the stretch, that's not phenomenal. I'm definitely expecting better.

I think we'll split with 5 points vs. DU, split with 4 points at Clown, sweep WMU (senior weekend), sweep UNO. I'll put us at 61.

EDIT: What I said was messed up.

I think we'll split vs. DU, win and tie with Clown getting the extra point at Clown, sweep WMU (senior weekend), sweep UNO. I'll put us at 59. So, I'll say 6-1-1.

5 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

So, we split the rest of the way?

I mean, if we go 4-3-1 down the stretch, that's not phenomenal. I'm definitely expecting better.

I think we'll split with 5 points vs. DU, split with 4 points at Clown, sweep WMU (senior weekend), sweep UNO. I'll put us at 61.

No....a little better than that. More like 4-2-2

Can we focus on the important issue before the ‘19-‘20 season comes to an end; fixing the new end of period buzzer?  We have the nicest scoreboard in college hockey and a buzzer that is not good enough for the “old” gym at the local YMCA. To be clear, not the regular gym at the YMCA. The dimly lit, weird location, smells funny, chain link fence around the .17 mile track...old gym. The buzzer is not good enough for that old gym. 

Don’t even think about changing it to a siren or ship horn either.  Just bring back a normal buzzer please. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNF said:

Can we focus on the important issue before the ‘19-‘20 season comes to an end; fixing the new end of period buzzer?  We have the nicest scoreboard in college hockey and a buzzer that is not good enough for the “old” gym at the local YMCA. To be clear, not the regular gym at the YMCA. The dimly lit, weird location, smells funny, chain link fence around the .17 mile track...old gym. The buzzer is not good enough for that old gym. 

Don’t even think about changing it to a siren or ship horn either.  Just bring back a normal buzzer please. 

Agreed!! Whole heartedly!!  That buzzer reminds me of gym buzzer at Wilder Elementary...…….annoying to say the least.

1 hour ago, TNF said:

Maybe there were issues with it and they are working on it?

thinking about all conference (I know it’s early)

Surprisingly Johnny T is leading the NCHC in +\- in league games...PeskI is #2 and has played a full schedule.  

Kierstad and Perunivich are locks.  Sam burg and Ahcan have history...poolman has intangibles...

And I think JBD is our best dman...

again specifically targeting league games, there should be no way that Michaud And Guch aren’t on the short list, and Pinto is on the all rookie team for sure. Michaud is top 6 in goals AND points and is the leading +\- forward...Guch is a Hobey possibility, and Pinto is the man for freshman.

8 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

thinking about all conference (I know it’s early)

Surprisingly Johnny T is leading the NCHC in +\- in league games...PeskI is #2 and has played a full schedule.  

Kierstad and Perunivich are locks.  Sam burg and Ahcan have history...poolman has intangibles...

And I think JBD is our best dman...

again specifically targeting league games, there should be no way that Michaud And Guch aren’t on the short list, and Pinto is on the all rookie team for sure. Michaud is top 6 in goals AND points and is the leading +\- forward...Guch is a Hobey possibility, and Pinto is the man for freshman.

When you win, the awards come along with it.  The preseason awards weighed heavily to Duluth, and rightly so, but there were a few guys I thought that were borderline picks that could have just as easily been from other teams, but were products of Duluth winning.  While I would love to have Nick Swaney and Justin Richards on our team, I don't think they were deadlock cinches to be All Conference picks, although they should definitely have been in the conversation.    Hopefully we have guys stick around to be in the same spotlight next fall.  In the end, none of that really matters, as we just need to win and the rest will take care of itself.  

But getting back to the horn thing.....

Its terrible. we lose to Denver both nights if that horn is in play... say the boys have a tight 1st period.... Denver hears that weak limp bleating excuse of a horn.... they think..who are these people and come out inspired to toss up a beating. Cant let that happen Jody.

For the sake of the season... REA....

Change the horn.

but to what.... what fits from a local flair prospective...

That sound your car make as it slams into a GF pothole?.... 

Hows about a tornado siren?.... or a beet truck horn, a buck grunt, a goose call,  the whine of a fargonian without a daily dose of bison coverage?

What sound encapsulates the region? 

My top two are maybe just recordings of someone saying "ope!... gosh we ran out of time there".... or a shouted burst of a dude behind the counter of the pepper ...."NEXT!"

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

But getting back to the horn thing.....

Its terrible. we lose to Denver both nights if that horn is in play... say the boys have a tight 1st period.... Denver hears that weak limp bleating excuse of a horn.... they think..who are these people and come out inspired to toss up a beating. Cant let that happen Jody.

For the sake of the season... REA....

Change the horn.

but to what.... what fits from a local flair prospective...

That sound your car make as it slams into a GF pothole?.... 

Hows about a tornado siren?.... or a beet truck horn, a buck grunt, a goose call,  the whine of a fargonian without a daily dose of bison coverage?

What sound encapsulates the region? 

My top two are maybe just recordings of someone saying "ope!... gosh we ran out of time there".... or a shouted burst of a dude behind the counter of the pepper ...."NEXT!"

While they are at it, they can ditch the corny music when there is a penalty.   Seems they have regressed in their entertainment value a bit.  

13 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I haven't even noticed the horn. But then again I'm on my phone alot bitching about $6 hotdogs.

My daughter can get them for $3....UND student discount.  Let me know if you're in.

15 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

It's what they played at the World Juniors in Czechoslavakia. They played it in Duluth too. They're poking fun.

I know,  which is why it is odd they continue to do it, because it wasn't well received at the World Juniors from the comments from the announcers and such I heard. 

2 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Change the horn.

That horn has a 14-1-0 record. You don't change a thing.

25 minutes ago, tnt said:

I know,  which is why it is odd they continue to do it, because it wasn't well received at the World Juniors from the comments from the announcers and such I heard. 

It was absolutely loved by the fans in the arena in Ostrava. Outside of cheap beers, good hockey, 6,000 friendly Canadians, and great hosts it was the best thing those two weeks.