SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- First Round NCHC, Game 1

stoneySIOUX

Need to play good this weekend.  Should be a fun series (hopefully).  Need some luck.

I've been really curious with the JJ situation.  He didn't score like many thought he would, but it would be great to have another upperclassmen out there.  Very interested with what's really going on.  Either a mental thing or injury.   If he got into a bad situation or some trouble he would have been booted.

The boys will play very hard, but they will need puck luck or an off night in DU's goal in order to win 2 this weekend.  

Along with stellar play by Thome.   He doesn't need to be in a zone, just don't let in any he would ordinarily stop.  

Gardner fell asleep last night thinking, "Stay out of the box, Rhett.  Stay out of the box Rhett . . . ." 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Hopefully part of the agreement to let UND skate at air force's rink was a series at cadet ice arena down the road. I'd attend in a heart beat. 

With a return to the Ralph.  Need to get Serratorre at a fan lunch

• Upvote 3

We need to win this one tonight or we are on death row.

21 minutes ago, sprig said:

Yes,  two games.total points. Before pairwise, tournament participants picked in a smoke filled room

That's what I taught but I also taught I should ask on here to be sure, now I forgot about those error-less smoked filled rooms.

9 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

That's what I taught but I also taught I should ask on here to be sure, now I forgot about those error-less smoked filled rooms.

I'll never forget the 83 selection committee when the frozen four was in the old Ralph

3 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Let's go boys, everyone starts at zero in the playoffs

4-3 OT win 

Guch, Kierstad, Poolman, Mismash

Oh boy, with an OT prediction, me and my  Mom will need to plug in the IV's and call 911, Cardiac Sioux!  Woo hoooooooo!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Berry and Shaw have been rope-a-doping all season.  The real pp will be revealed this weekend for the first time!  As will the high octane scoring offense line combinations!

I remember being down at Glass level in Chicago 2 years ago for the FF, watching DU fly from end to end, kept moving their feet, their Jersey's flapping in the wind like a Mike Modano break away. The other teams were just one or 2 seconds slower in deciding to power skate away from where they stood for example after a small hit etc.  That was all it took, and they were CHASING DU all game.  The Sioux can certainly do that, and proved they can move move move, I feel if they do, like some predictions, we got this series, won't say easily, as we know what happened at Canisius.  But gosh darn, I sure hope when we get those scrambles and opportunities at the net tonight, we BURY that puck.  EveryBody's Ready!!!!!!!  says our announcer as the puck drops at the Ralph,.........classic moments.