SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- First Round NCHC, Game 1

stoneySIOUX

39 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

DU 3-1 with an empty netter.  Poolman scores the lone goal for UND.  No reason to think UND suddenly finds offense this week as they have to step up significantly from the last two weeks of competition.  

Go home bison fan, you're drunk.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

DU 3-1 with an empty netter.  Poolman scores the lone goal for UND.  No reason to think UND suddenly finds offense this week as they have to step up significantly from the last two weeks of competition.  

But does DU? They’re just as mediocre offensively as we are. They haven’t scored more than 2 goals versus UND all season. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Need to play good this weekend.  Should be a fun series (hopefully).  Need some luck.

I've been really curious with the JJ situation.  He didn't score like many thought he would, but it would be great to have another upperclassmen out there.  Very interested with what's really going on.  Either a mental thing or injury.   If he got into a bad situation or some trouble he would have been booted.

Or a long-term illness.

Dave

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Dave Berger said:

Or a long-term illness.

Dave

Possibly.......but since he has been seen snuggling up to an attractive coed at the Ralph on multiple weekends in a suit I'm going to assume it's not syphilis or chlamydia. 

#WebMD

21 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Possibly.......but since he has been seen snuggling up to an attractive coed at the Ralph on multiple weekends in a suit I'm going to assume it's not syphilis or chlamydia. 

#WebMD

He'd give pretty much anything to be out on the ice with his teammates, but isn't physically able to due to some medical issues. Being a senior, I'm glad he was able to go down to Denver with the team since there are no travel roster restrictions.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

He'd give pretty much anything to be out on the ice with his teammates, but isn't physically able to due to some medical issues. Being a senior, I'm glad he was able to go down to Denver with the team since there are no travel roster restrictions.

Agree. Glad he was able to travel. This team could have used him on the ice this series. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Possibly.......but since he has been seen snuggling up to an attractive coed at the Ralph on multiple weekends...

I’m glad to see someone on the team hasn’t lost his “scoring” touch...maybe the players on the ice tonight can catch that bug.

3 hours ago, Dave Berger said:

All this looks good.  The Grand Forks Herald today had a preview, those of us thinking the Sioux will win the series are pretty much picking close games etc.

One thing I noticed in the Herald's article, they went on to preview and pick ALL the other games around the country, and there were no upsets.  He picked all the leading teams to win their games/series, except UND, he picked us in 3.   If  memory serves me, there are always a few upsets along the way, so I'm going to say Penn State, Harvard, Union and even Western Mich, one or 2 of these teams could get upset this weekend.   Can't wait!   4 hours until Puck Drop!  we will know a lot of the action around the league tonight by the time ND and DU start.  Fun stuff.   Sioux Win tonight    :D

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, VikingSioux said:

All this looks good.  The Grand Forks Herald today had a preview, those of us thinking the Sioux will win the series are pretty much picking close games etc.

One thing I noticed in the Herald's article, they went on to preview and pick ALL the other games around the country, and there were no upsets.  He picked all the leading teams to win their games/series, except UND, he picked us in 3.   If  memory serves me, there are always a few upsets along the way, so I'm going to say Penn State, Harvard, Union and even Western Mich, one or 2 of these teams could get upset this weekend.   Can't wait!   4 hours until Puck Drop!  we will know a lot of the action around the league tonight by the time ND and DU start.  Fun stuff.   Sioux Win tonight    :D

B1G is one-game only the rest of the way.  I'd say your best chances for upsets this weekend are in South Bend and Columbus.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Best chance for upsets are our guys winning the conference tournament 

I wouldn't classify that as the "best chance" for an upset.  There is a far greater chance of Minnesota or Penn State winning a single game this weekend vs North Dakota winning four in a row.  Statistically speaking, of course. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I wouldn't classify that as the "best chance" for an upset.  There is a far greater chance of Minnesota or Penn State winning a single game this weekend vs North Dakota winning four in a row.  Statistically speaking, of course. 

As seen through my kelly green glasses and drinking my kelly green beer