SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ DU -- First Round NCHC, Game 1

stoneySIOUX

That's the first period.  After twenty minutes, Denver leads 1-0.

A fairly typical period for UND this season...dominate, but unable to capitalize on great chances, while the opposing team scores on their only grade A chance.

Oh well.  Maybe they are saving all of their goals for next season?  If so, expect a Hrkac Circus repeat.

We don't have a single player who would make me nervous each time he touches the puck if he were on the other side.  A dynamic player.  A lot of decent-to-good talent, but nobody with that combination of speed, strength and skill.   That makes a difference, not just on the PP.   I happen to think this team is well coached.  Whether the recruitment planning is lacking--I don't know.  They can play with the best, though, and they aren't out of it yet.  

• Downvote 1

Why on earth does college hockey of all sports bring out the moron announcers who absolutely have zero regard for the integrity of the game.....

Guy got mad for two penalties on DU and then starts throwing out head shot comments.

Mute.....

• Upvote 1

I get what you are saying, Joe Morgan once said ‘you can’t win a championship at any sport without having at least one player who is best in the nation at his position’. I’ve found that to be mostly true. 

But I don’t think the coaching is defensible regarding the panic play. It’s mostly just 5 guys without a plan