SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball

Nodak78

15 hours ago, Kab said:

How patient will fans be for the football team

I'll be looking for:

a) the obvious, overt, glaring change in offensive philosophy
b) getting the available talent on the field to its best use and potential

I won't be looking for immediate gratification. (If it comes I'll take it.) I will be looking for improvements that come from fixing what was broken. 

21 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll be looking for:

I won't be looking for immediate gratification. (If it comes I'll take it.) I will be looking for improvements that come from fixing what was broken. 

There are times when we play other teams and after a play I’ll think to myself, “wow, that was a really nice call.” I want that from Danny. A handful of calls each game that are just not going to be stopped.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'll be looking for:

I like both of these points, I also want to see the ability to make adjustments to the playcalling based on what the defense is doing. So many times the past several years you see the defense tee off against the run and you think, "hey, they should probably try throwing downfield or quick to the outside or anything really to try to pull people out of the box" and it never happens. We never adjust except for maybe one or two plays and then it's back to slamming into an 8 man box. I want to see the ability to adapt.

15 hours ago, shep said:

Guess that just depends on the fan. Some will be rabid if the team starts 1-3

Given our schedule, this could happen.  NDSU and EWU will likely both be top 5 teams, and we play them on the road.  Typically there is no shame in losing to Sam Houston, but this one is almost a must win game so we can be 2-2.  Not to say I don't want to win the other two.  We got a pelt from Montana last year we really need one from EWU before we leave the Big Sky schedule, but they will be good this year and will be a tough one on the road.  I'd love it if we were 3-1 after the first four.  We may have the toughest FCS schedule of anyone this year.   But yet I'm sure we'll still hear how we didn't play Montana. :D

On 3/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, gundy1124 said:

Top 7 reasons Kett became a deer in headlights:

1) the entire offense lost confidence

2) the opposing D calls out all your run plays

3) your only audible from a toss right is toss left

4) you fail to utilize your talent in space...and 2 of your players attend an NFL Pro Day, TODAY!!

5) the only offensive  lineman smart enough to make the checks is a 5th year back-up taking grad classes

6) you were more likely to see a T-Rex on Columbia than an in game adjustment

7) when all season long 1990 is calling, wanting it's college offense back

This is the bleeping post of the year in regards to last year.  Preach on brother. 

Grover has to be one of the most under the radar players we've had in a while.  I believe he was a PWO?  Last year at this time I barely even knew he was on the roster and now it's looking like he might be 2nd on depth chart?  The fall notebook post from last August barely even mentions him, and doesn't really even mention him as contending for the starting spot.  

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2018/8/10/football-fall-camp-notebook-vol- 8.aspx

Just looking for something to talk about since things have been so quiet this spring ball season. 

Danielle Podlaski @dani_podlaski

UND FOOTBALL: Hawks' sack leader Mason Bennett (⁦@masonbennett55⁩) looks for record senior season https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4594267-und-football-hawks-sack-leader-mason-bennett-looks-record-senior-season …

2:12 PM - Apr 3, 2019

• Upvote 1