Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nodak78

Spring Ball

Recommended Posts

Teeder.  I hope you can keep us posted since spring Ball starts March 1.  I'm so excited with the new OC leading to changes.  Also how the RS develop and show off their weight work.   

Teeder, 360's guys and Herald report Miller should be very busy with the new developments.  

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least they won’t have to shovel 5 foot drifts off the field!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, tnt said:

At least they won’t have to shovel 5 foot drifts off the field!

And then chase geese off it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question, I'm not sure what or how much contact is allowed with the team in the off season.  Danny obviously has a brand new, and completely different playbook (Thank God), is he able to get that out to the players in the off season so they can start reviewing it and getting familiar with it?  Or will they walk in day one of spring ball and see the new play book for the first time that day? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way, Freund’s offense will be easier to learn and understand than the previous one. That’s a major plus. 

Most importantly, I think the offense will be more effective. The details really make a difference, though, so will have to see what it actually looks like to know for sure. Spring ball will be great preview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two days until spring Ball.  I can hardly wait until we get the first reports on the position battles and new offense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So who all is going to try to make it out there and report back to us this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Two days until spring Ball.  I can hardly wait until we get the first reports on the position battles and new offense.

Absolutely, I am looking forward to seeing the new offense develop.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 11:09 PM, Sioux94 said:

Question, I'm not sure what or how much contact is allowed with the team in the off season.  Danny obviously has a brand new, and completely different playbook (Thank God), is he able to get that out to the players in the off season so they can start reviewing it and getting familiar with it?  Or will they walk in day one of spring ball and see the new play book for the first time that day? 

You would think they can have access to a play book as long as they aren't "required" to memorize it.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prediction: offensive production starts slowly as everyone learns the new offense, has a mediocre showing in spring game, this board over reacts. :)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ozzie82 said:

this board over reacts. :)

This much is guaranteed. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

Prediction: offensive production starts slowly as everyone learns the new offense, has a mediocre showing in spring game, this board over reacts. :)

I kinda disagree.  Freund want's the offense to be simplified.  Let the players react, rather than think...   Danny is gonna be talked about as the head-coach-to-be this time next year.  Offense doesn't have to be rocket science, just learn your routes (but I've never played football outside of recess, so what do I know).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it normal to drag out spring practice for 1 1/2 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kab said:

Is it normal to drag out spring practice for 1 1/2 months 

Looks like there's a two-week break between March 6 and March 20.  Spring Break, I assume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ozzie82 said:

Prediction: offensive production starts slowly as everyone learns the new offense, has a mediocre showing in spring game, this board over reacts. :)

I’ll go with the opposite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kab said:

Is it normal to drag out spring practice for 1 1/2 months 

It's relatively new. They like that there is more time in between practices for teaching.

 

Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’ll go with the opposite. 

I hope you are right! :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

 

Spring “Game” going to be in the PRACTICE HPC or the Home of UND Football Alerus Center?

The logical answer is, well, obvious but not guaranteed to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Spring “Game” going to be in the PRACTICE HPC or the Home of UND Football Alerus Center?

The logical answer is, well, obvious but not guaranteed to happen.

Considering it is a "Spring Wrap-up" and it says all practices are scheduled for the HPC (as no other locations are noted), I think you know the answer.

That being said, with the new bleachers installed, it will be a much different and more enjoyable experience to watch practices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jdub27 said:

Considering it is a "Spring Wrap-up" and it says all practices are scheduled for the HPC, I think you know the answer.

That being said, with the new bleachers installed, it will be a great venue to watch practices.

Right ... (no one likes the Alerus Center anyway!)

How exciting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UND-FB-FAN said:

Right ... (no one likes the Alerus Center anyway!)

How exciting. 

How many times have you been in the HPC? How many since the new bleachers were installed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

How many times have you been in the HPC? How many since the new bleachers were installed?

Oh please, he's the board curmudgeon, thus he has to hate everything all the time whether he knows why or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...