SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball

Nodak78

Teeder.  I hope you can keep us posted since spring Ball starts March 1.  I'm so excited with the new OC leading to changes.  Also how the RS develop and show off their weight work.   

Teeder, 360's guys and Herald report Miller should be very busy with the new developments.  

• Upvote 3

Question, I'm not sure what or how much contact is allowed with the team in the off season.  Danny obviously has a brand new, and completely different playbook (Thank God), is he able to get that out to the players in the off season so they can start reviewing it and getting familiar with it?  Or will they walk in day one of spring ball and see the new play book for the first time that day? 

Either way, Freund’s offense will be easier to learn and understand than the previous one. That’s a major plus. 

Most importantly, I think the offense will be more effective. The details really make a difference, though, so will have to see what it actually looks like to know for sure. Spring ball will be great preview.

On 2/25/2019 at 11:09 PM, Sioux94 said:

Question, I'm not sure what or how much contact is allowed with the team in the off season.  Danny obviously has a brand new, and completely different playbook (Thank God), is he able to get that out to the players in the off season so they can start reviewing it and getting familiar with it?  Or will they walk in day one of spring ball and see the new play book for the first time that day? 

You would think they can have access to a play book as long as they aren't "required" to memorize it.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

Prediction: offensive production starts slowly as everyone learns the new offense, has a mediocre showing in spring game, this board over reacts. :)

I kinda disagree.  Freund want's the offense to be simplified.  Let the players react, rather than think...   Danny is gonna be talked about as the head-coach-to-be this time next year.  Offense doesn't have to be rocket science, just learn your routes (but I've never played football outside of recess, so what do I know).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Spring “Game” going to be in the PRACTICE HPC or the Home of UND Football Alerus Center?

The logical answer is, well, obvious but not guaranteed to happen.

Considering it is a "Spring Wrap-up" and it says all practices are scheduled for the HPC (as no other locations are noted), I think you know the answer.

That being said, with the new bleachers installed, it will be a much different and more enjoyable experience to watch practices.

Just now, jdub27 said:

Considering it is a "Spring Wrap-up" and it says all practices are scheduled for the HPC, I think you know the answer.

That being said, with the new bleachers installed, it will be a great venue to watch practices.

Right ... (no one likes the Alerus Center anyway!)

How exciting. 

7 hours ago, jdub27 said:

How many times have you been in the HPC? How many since the new bleachers were installed?

Oh please, he's the board curmudgeon, thus he has to hate everything all the time whether he knows why or not.