SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball

Nodak78

27 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Correct. 

Correct ... just about. The problem is the HPF is on campus so no alcohol at tailgating; Alerus is off campus.

Technically correct, however tailgating was "allowed" in the past when the spring game was held at Memorial. They could and have made an exception if they chose to.

Regardless, I'll take a packed HPC over an empty echo chamber at the Alerus Center (which is booked for a big money event anyway).

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m sorry, but those grey uniforms are a hot mess and don’t match anything in relation to the helmet.  A grey uniform for the sake of having a grey uniform.

Don't like the Grey's either. But you do understand that UND wore grey uniforms in the past. So grey has a historic significance. They didn't just pull a color out of the blue. The helmets were grey, not silver as our young Cajun friend suggests.

If memory serves me correctly, they had an Alumni game back when Dave Osborn was playing wish the Vikings.  I believe he dressed and played a couple plays.  I'm sure everyone on defense rec'd the word don't hurt Dave or you die.  I didn't see the game but read the hype in the herald.

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Technically correct, however tailgating was "allowed" in the past when the spring game was held at Memorial. They could and have made an exception if they chose to.

Regardless, I'll take a packed HPC over an empty echo chamber at the Alerus Center (which is booked for a big money event anyway).

And there it is. Sad state of affairs for UND football. Blah

1 hour ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Don't like the Grey's either. But you do understand that UND wore grey uniforms in the past. So grey has a historic significance. They didn't just pull a color out of the blue. The helmets were grey, not silver as our young Cajun friend suggests.

I don’t recall a silver or grey uniform — but I have seen images of the silver (or grey, depending on your viewpoint) helmet worn with silver (again, or grey) pants.  

und-ndsu_inside2.jpg

This looks like a grey helmet paired with a green jersey and grey pants.  

1985-2.jpg

This looks like a grey helmet and grey pants with the white jersey.  

north-dakota-fighting-hawks-football-651

And this looks like total garbage.  

It will all be alright.  All of our struggles and missteps will be forgotten once we win a few playoff games .

spring game, nose guard and color of uniforms won’t seem so important.

that said, I am getting older so let’s not wait too long for those playoff wins!!

:)

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I don’t recall a silver or grey uniform — but I have seen images of the silver (or grey, depending on your viewpoint) helmet worn with silver (again, or grey) pants.  

und-ndsu_inside2.jpg

1985-2.jpg

Aaaaaand now we've heard from the voice of reason. :)

47 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

It will all be alright.  All of our struggles and missteps will be forgotten once we win a few playoff games .

spring game, nose guard and color of uniforms won’t seem so important.

that said, I am getting older so let’s not wait too long for those playoff wins!!

:)

The funny thing is, all the little things add up to form or not form the results we all want. The details are key, including things that initially seem trivial like poorly organized spring games, nose guard depth and uniforms.

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The funny thing is, all the little things add up to form or not form the results we all want. The details are key, including things that initially seem trivial like poorly organized spring games, nose guard depth and uniforms.

And there's precedence as recently as a day ago with Pitt returning to the wordmark and colors as made famous by Dan Marino...

e2e675b6-0c74-4470-a778-3fea9fca3c24.png

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

und-ndsu_inside2.jpg

1985-2.jpg

Are those top two pictures in black and white?

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

And there it is. Sad state of affairs for UND football. Blah

I agree they could make it bigger. I know there are reasons for their current reasoning, but I don't know what they are. 

But ndsu does a glorified practice instead of a full blown game for their spring game as well, so what exactly does that mean? 

5 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree they could make it bigger. I know there are reasons for their current reasoning, but I don't know what they are. 

But ndsu does a glorified practice instead of a full blown game for their spring game as well, so what exactly does that mean? 

Yeah, but they win titles and we don't so the experts will think that not having a great spring game and unattractive uniforms LEADS to playoff game losses.

Didn't you know that?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Stockdamhockey said:

E27BD2BB-6809-493E-B8ED-323DF1FC9C15.jpeg

36 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

NDSU does a glorified practice now because they play 15 games a year and their spring football roster sometimes resembles a triage unit with how beat up they still are. They used to make the game an event before their run necessitated an adjustment for longevity.

7 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

NDSU does a glorified practice now because they play 15 games a year and their spring football roster sometimes resembles a triage unit with how beat up they still are. They used to make the game an event before their run necessitated an adjustment for longevity.

And our roster depth hasn’t allowed us to be able to risk any injuries trying to run a full game.  Honestly the last few years come spring game our injury situation hasn’t been much better.  

I think our current setup for game would work.  There are things about it that are more entertaining than any spring game.  I enjoyed the break for one on one pass rush last year.  The venue works.   Just need some fan event before.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND can do no wrong. 

All hail Bubba.

c’mon folks, see the light. 

Once again. Most inaccurate moniker ever. Once you get the kids out of your yard, grab a beer and try to relax. For someone who does nothing but dish out criticism, your undies sure get in a bunch when someone calls you out. 

Your concerns are petty. You have complained about everything Hawk Football except for the amount of salt on the popcorn. 

Pretty sure you are a Bison troll.

3 minutes ago, Stockdamhockey said:

Once again. Most inaccurate moniker ever. Once you get the kids out of your yard, grab a beer and try to relax. For someone who does nothing but dish out criticism, your undies sure get in a bunch when someone calls you out. 

Your concerns are petty. You have complained about everything Hawk Football except for the amount of salt on the popcorn. 

Pretty sure you are a Bison troll.

Do some research. Until then I won't waste my time. UND had a winning season in 2018, which is good. They need to make the playoffs, though.