SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball

Nodak78

7 hours ago, shep said:

Oh please, he's the board curmudgeon, thus he has to hate everything all the time whether he knows why or not.

Why not just play all the games in the HPC? I hear the new shiny bleachers are awful fancy ...

HPC is tremendous for routine practice and access when weather is how it’s been, but is it really designed to replace Alerus Center? C’mon ...

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Why not just play all the games in the HPC? I hear the new shiny bleachers are awful fancy ...

HPC is tremendous for routine practice and access when weather is how it’s been, but is it really designed to replace Alerus Center? C’mon ...

I understand, but I suspect they are thinking that it's better to pack a small venue instead of going to the Alerus and not coming close to packing it.

22 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

What’s wrong with the HPC???

It sounds like the new bleachers really add to the functionality.

I have a friend who's daughter runs track for UND.  He said the HPC knocks it our of the park compared to the other facilities they have seen.  Even SDSU.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

but is it really designed to replace Alerus Center? C’mon ...

Who has said that? (Hint - The answer is no one, except you)

The HPC is cheaper and a much more logical size for a Friday afternoon scrimmage. How much money would be the right amount to spend on it when the money could be put to much better use within the program?

I'd love it if they tried to make it an event again at the Alerus, with tailgating and other activities. However that would require them to either change the dates/timings of their practices or have the Alerus turn away a pretty profitable event with Monster Trucks being in town the weekend of the final practice. 

3 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

It sounds like the new bleachers really add to the functionality.

I have a friend who's daughter runs track for UND.  He said the HPC knocks it our of the park compared to the other facilities they have seen.  Even SDSU.

I have a nephew in track, HPC is a very nice facility. Just really need to finish Phase II to make it a complete facility.

In the video did Bubba say they're changing the defense also? Right about 10 seconds left in video he says ... 

" ... obviously have new defense that we're installing, some new things, and offensively we gotta learn the offense ... " 

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

In the video did Bubba say they're changing the defense also? Right about 10 seconds left in video he says ... 

" ... obviously have new defense that we're installing, some new things, and offensively we gotta learn the offense ... " 

I heard that also.  We need some eyes at practice to check this out.