SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring Ball

Nodak78

To me Kett gave up on the offense late in the year last year, he probably wasn't the only one. Obviously not a great thing but hard to perform for a coach you have no respect for. That being said, if he's the best player for the job going into this fall then he should get the call but get yanked if he starts giving up again.

37 minutes ago, Feff said:

To me Kett gave up on the offense late in the year last year, he probably wasn't the only one. Obviously not a great thing but hard to perform for a coach you have no respect for. That being said, if he's the best player for the job going into this fall then he should get the call but get yanked if he starts giving up again.

By the Northern Arizona game most of the team had given up on the offense.  If you question that theory, watch the game again on UNDinsider.com.  It is an offensive horror show.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:32 PM, gundy1124 said:

Top 7 reasons Kett became a deer in headlights:

1) the entire offense lost confidence

2) the opposing D calls out all your run plays

3) your only audible from a toss right is toss left

4) you fail to utilize your talent in space...and 2 of your players attend an NFL Pro Day, TODAY!!

5) the only offensive  lineman smart enough to make the checks is a 5th year back-up taking grad classes

6) you were more likely to see a T-Rex on Columbia than an in game adjustment

7) when all season long 1990 is calling, wanting it's college offense back

Unreal. This comment is damn poetic. Cheers to you, my friend. Go UND and Go Danny Freund. 

3 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Made the trek to NAU.   It was horrible in person

Me to...and yes it was.  Waited four years to be able to drive up for that game, and it was pathetic.  So sad to see Brady and John go out in such offensive futility in their last college game, what a shame.  In hindsight though, I'm glad it was as bad as it was to ensure Rudy got canned.  Even with Kelly Green glasses on I don't think there is any way I could have been excited about the upcoming season if we hadn't made a change after those last three games of the year last year. 

• Upvote 4

So is Boltmann being listed at 4th string and getting some reps at WR....

1. A sign that the other QB's are looking really good?

2. A sign that he isn't has good as we were hoping.  Some of us thought he might be a Keaton 2.0.......able to run but with a better arm?  

Either way I think he ends up staying at QB long term because we graduate two QB's this year and will need him next year.  

Somebody commented on the DL looking undersized.  How has the NG position looked during spring ball so far, are we going to be screwed all year because we don't have a legit sized NG? 

43 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

So is Boltmann being listed at 4th string and getting some reps at WR....

1. A sign that the other QB's are looking really good?

2. A sign that he isn't has good as we were hoping.  Some of us thought he might be a Keaton 2.0.......able to run but with a better arm?  

Either way I think he ends up staying at QB long term because we graduate two QB's this year and will need him next year.  

Somebody commented on the DL looking undersized.  How has the NG position looked during spring ball so far, are we going to be screwed all year because we don't have a legit sized NG? 

From what I’ve heard, Boltmann won’t start at qb for us but could make impact at wr.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

From what I’ve heard, Boltmann won’t start at qb for us but could make impact at wr.

As in won't start for us......ever?  Or  just not this year because he's 4th on depth chart?   Next year the only QB's other than Boltmann will be Grover and the true freshman. 

27 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

As in won't start for us......ever?  Or  just not this year because he's 4th on depth chart?   Next year the only QB's other than Boltmann will be Grover and the true freshman. 

I’m expecting him to be an emergency qb at best. WR seems to be his future.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Next year the only QB's other than Boltmann will be Grover and the true freshman. 

Mentioning the freshman (Tommy Schuster), I saw picture of Freund and Schuster on Twitter over the weekend.

As I suspected, he's Danny Freund's height (nominally 6'1"). 

Apparently "Michigan Player of the Year" is not as important as "six foot four" to some schools.

But it works just fine for me. 

Tommy, show 'em how wrong they are. Show 'em all. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Stronger? Possibly.
More accurate? I think that's where the problem lies.
I think Danny is trying get the best athletes on the field and that's why he, along with a few other guys, are seeing reps at multiple positions.

The level of accuracy Schuster showed in high school is going to make him an intriguing option once he gets on campus and gets a year or two under his belt. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Mentioning the freshman (Tommy Schuster), I saw picture of Freund and Schuster on Twitter over the weekend.

Apparently "Michigan Player of the Year" is not as important as "six foot four" to some schools.

Danny ain’t 6’1”.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Very true, if he was a few inches taller he would be in the Big 10

A little disappointing if Boltmann won't ever crack the QB depth chart, but if he can be a contributor at WR makes sense to move him. With a full recruiting year to work with, I'm confident Freund will get another good QB recruit in the next class. Hopefully we go after a JuCo or transfer QB as well for the 2020 season for depth purposes and to push Grover/Schuster.