SiouxSports.com Forum

Kennedy vs donors... again?

Frozen4sioux

10 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Who would of expected anything different after 

"Friday, North Dakota University System Chancellor Mark Hagerott sent Kennedy a letter accepting his “de facto notice of resignation,” based on statements Kennedy made throughout the week to the university community and media."   ---  quote from today's GF Herald article. 

Colorado can peacefully end this by hiring MK. They have a couple of weeks to decide, going to be some opposition there.
Please Colorado, end this thing. Not so sure that's going to happen?

That would be nice, but I have a feeling their powers that be are holding hands in a circle feeling like...

tenor.gif?itemid=10459260

32 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Could the board of regents really be dumb enough to hire him after seeing how he is handling himself?

Depending on how they're selected, to admit they're wrong now could put their own positions/reputations at risk. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SWSiouxMN said:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/news/government-and-politics/4599421-if-kennedy-leaves-schafer-would-consider-fill-role

Ed wants another go around at interim.

In which I say... YES.  

I'll take Round 2 of Eddie over Teflon Tom

Maybe he can fix his big mistake of a logo he picked. Biggest flop in the recent history of UND . Ed can stay retired.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

The problem with Schafer, assuming Kennedy actually leaves, is he's just another politician.        We need someone who is more academic then political.

They could deal with him for 6 months again.

I'm not sure they would want DiLorenzo in that spot.  If they could beg Hesham to stay for a bit longer, i'd say make him the interim president.

37 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

The problem with Schafer, assuming Kennedy actually leaves, is he's just another politician.        We need someone who is more academic then political.

The two previous decades of "academic"  presidents wasn't exactly inspiring. 

• Upvote 4

I hope to we don't get another inter[m  run by Ed Schafer the problem I see with this when he gets into power he wants to make all the changes he was prevented from as governor. The last time he was president this what he did and made severe cuts in many of programs at UND in favor of pet programs of his over the years. I do not believe an interim president should be making any long term decision for the university. He is just place holder for the position and new incoming president should be making and setting direction he believes the institution should be heading. Back to Kennedy I wouldn't respond to his email letter on his resignation I would keep quiet on the matter. My response would be to the higher education board asking for them on their input on who should be on next committee to find next president of UND. This would basically signal again to Kennedy that his position at UND is finished and he should prepare himself for what ever the future has coming for him. Yes I would agree there are grounds for firing him with his latest comments and now his desire to find employment elsewhere. The sad part of this is Kennedy would have put his nose to grind stone and worked with legislature, Und staff, Students, and people of North Dakota  followed through with his visions and  his promise to travel and get to know people of state and how UND could benefit them as well listen to them what concerned them about UnD he could have become one of great presidents of UND. I think when both parties have not gotten what they want its best for both parties to part ways and just call this period a mistake for both parties.

34 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Jesus...Kennedy is a frickin idiot...he may not have resigned officially, but UND is done with him!!

32 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Oh, and by the way, Ed Shafer, even as an interim president,is a total cluck.

But how do you really feel?

7 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Did I read that reps from CU are visiting UND as part of their due diligence?

Now how does UND handle that visit?

Hmmm....

If you are the part of UND that likes Kennedy, you probably say positive things about him.

If you are the part of UND that dislikes Kennedy, you probably say positive things about him.

;)

• Upvote 2

As far as interim president, a few years ago the board appointed the BSC president to serve as interim chancellor for a while before hiring Hagerott.  It'd be interesting to see them do something similar, appointing Minot's Shirley as interim UND president while doing the search for the full time president.  Would give him a little test run before making their choice to go with him or look elsewhere.