SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Canisius January 4-5, 2019

Dave Berger

I’d argue the constant comments of having no finishers. We have a few, but we’re mainly missing the playmakers who help get those finishers into scoring position. No one sets each other up. I’ve never seen so many pointless passes and amateur hour shot attempts. May we well just hand them the puck instead of wasting time with some of these low percentage shots

19 minutes ago, Cratter said:

You wrote: 

By your own arguement, Hakstol never won a single Frozen Four game at UND with his "own team."

You'll need to explain yourself a bit ... What's a Frozen Four team? Sounds like something elusive that I haven't seen in a while.

On the positive side, this is the most activity we have seen on this board for a long, long time.  What does that say about the negative side of our fan base.  Many only come out when there is something negative to post about.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

To be fair, all of our best players are in Vancouver for the World Junior Tournament and not available this weekend.  Oh, wait...

U MMMMM D.  U MMMM D.  

I can see where there would be confusion! :lol:

Tomorrow is January 5th.

Currently there is ONE forward with ten points.  ONE.  1.  UNO.  EIN.  (out of languages)

Currently there are five forwards with more than four points.  Yes, it's still January.

That is unacceptable and it starts at the top. 

3 minutes ago, Kab said:

The few games I’ve seen in person I don’t see the passion from players that past teams have had.

is it bad players or bad coaching?

Step 1)  Bad recruiting.

Step 2)  Bad coaching of bad recruits.

Step 3)  Bad recruits sometimes turn into good recruits with good coaching.  If you're reading this on step 3, bad recruits stay bad recruits.

Step 4)  Lose to Canisus, after getting swept at home by Western Michigan, after losing to Bemidji.

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

On the positive side, this is the most activity we have seen on this board for a long, long time.  What does that say about the negative side of our fan base.  Many only come out when there is something negative to post about.  

Which is natural.

When you win the conversation goes, "Keep doing what you're doing."

When you lose its, "What the F is going on?!"

• Upvote 1

A couple of questions come to mind:

First - Berry seems to be "Mr. Team Culture" - has last years team or this years team shown consistently anything that  remotely resembles what we consider Sioux Hockey Culture - you know - play hard and physical from whistle to whistle - make you pay for mistakes - make coming to the Ralph a thing to be feared - new guys stepping up - top end talent working hard?

Second - will Berry just cut and paste his letter to season ticket holders from last year after not making the tournament or will he compose a new one this year.  If a new one he'd better get started.