SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Canisius January 4-5, 2019

Dave Berger

3 hours ago, Cratter said:

He couldn't win a semifinal game with his "own team" in a decade.

How he expected to win two in a row to win a title?!

Well, let’s give this six more seasons and we’ll compare apples to apples.  We’ll find out then if you still think that 1 NCAA title and 6-8 years of missing the tournament altogether makes anyone but Hakstol the better coach.  Of course, by that time, a crowd of 1,511 will be the norm at REA, not Canisius College.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

To be fair he's been tracking BC's OOC losing streak for quite some time. And it is incredible to believe they could be winless in 24 straight OOC games. Talk about killing your pairwise! 

If BC goes win-less from here out It wouldn't make me feel one whit better about us laying down for Canesius. 

13 hours ago, Big A HG said:

Tomorrow is January 5th.

Currently there is ONE forward with ten points.  ONE.  1.  UNO.  EIN.  (out of languages)

Currently there are five forwards with more than four points.  Yes, it's still January.

That is unacceptable and it starts at the top. 

It’s January 5th now and I would bet the house UND wins big tonight.  I think the real problem last night was January 3rd.  The boys may have been enjoying themselves a bit too much.

13 hours ago, hky said:

Since you were there, what else did you see...did they try to juggle the lines, or were they just jumbled up because of all the special teams play.  Did we have any net front presence?  Did we come out of the game healthy?  Did they look "off" from the beginning?

First shift of the game they dominated although didn’t create much offense.  After that knew the opponent was inferior in every way and it was true, but it’s not a good mindset. It was all selfish and lackadaisical individual play from that point forward. Not sure Vince Lombardi could have changed that.  

Who is this “Hak” person everyone mentions anyway.

2 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

And Berry and staff looking extremely stupid for not making sure they would make room for him to come in next season especially with so much dead weight currently on roster.

Could've sent any current junior packing. Kid made his choice not to be prepared to play college hockey in 2019 though. 

4 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Could've sent any current junior packing. Kid made his choice not to be prepared to play college hockey in 2019 though. 

I would still take him as a true freshman over any forward on this roster (same goes for the other 4 freshman forwards next year). The more turnover the better. 

Edit: I wouldn’t take Donovan over the other incoming 4, but would over any forward on the current roster.

17 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

At least half our roster hasn't look prepared to play college hockey the last year and a half. Donovan definitely will be prepared to play college hockey next year it just won't be at UND and that is a major mistake on the part of our coaching staff.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, JaDubbs said:

Hey Hey Hey...what's with all this one and a million talk?  This team will double it's point production compared to last night, heck, maybe even triple it....Let's go Sioux!

I am not even sure that I would take that bet right now.

29 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Berry likes to break streaks, ncaa, no defeats against AHC teams and working on the final five and home ice for the first round.

We've never been swept by an Atlantic 10 school!!!

Stay tuned!!!!

• Upvote 2

My wife and I just took a tour of the house where President Theodore Roosevelt was inaugurated shortly following the assassination of President McKinley in 1901 at the Panamerican Exposition in Buffalo, NY.

If you are ever in Buffalo, I’d encourage you to take the tour as it enlightened me on what America was like at the turn of the century, the achievements and challenges of our nation at the time, and greater insight into Teddy Roosevelt as the man and our President. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

My wife and I just took a tour of the house where President Theodore Roosevelt was inaugurated shortly following the assassination of President McKinley in 1901 at the Panamerican Exposition in Buffalo, NY.

If you are ever in Buffalo, I’d encourage you to take the tour as it enlightened me on what America was like at the turn of the century, the achievements and challenges of our nation at the time, and greater insight into Teddy Roosevelt as the man and our President. Definitely one of the highlights of our trip. 

The game last night wasn't a highlight?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The game last night wasn't a highlight?

Ha Ha! Well, the outcome wasn’t a highlight but the experience of seeing a game at a new arena for me was. My bucket list item is to see a college hockey game at every D-I arena in the country. I get a team puck or two at every new venue for me. The fans, locals, and school administrators here have been nothing short of friendly and accommodating and their fans have had very nice things to say about North Dakota and how much this home series means to them and the Canisius College hockey program. 

• Upvote 1