SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota at Canisius January 4-5, 2019

Dave Berger

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Time for the AD to step up before there is nothing left of this program , this is awful,how can we win #8 and get worse every season since

That is something that is just mind boggling to me. I have been trying to understand that for the last two years. 

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

I was a Berry supporter but I can't support this crap. Even if we manage to slip into the playoffs, this team just doesn't have the talent to go anywhere. That lays directly at the feet of the head coach. Time for Berry and Shaw to go. Keep Jackson.

They won't.

Just now, franchise said:

Hak available for tomorrow?

If not, regional tickets down the toilet again.

F*ck this team

I was always a Hak fan. Berry is a likeable guy, and a good Asst coach. But he doesn't know how to light a fire under players and hold them accountable.

Yeah, Berry had a Natty. With Haks guys, and to be fair, there aren't many that wouldn't have won a Natty with that team. It was friggin stacked. Hak could get way more out of some of his less talented teams.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Time for the AD to step up before there is nothing left of this program , this is awful,how can we win #8 and get worse every season since

Slow down boss.......he's holding Bubba's hand while finding an O-line coach.

#priorities

• Like 1

One thing I haven't been able to get out of my mind since last year is, how are we so talentless up front?  It should be almost impossible for a school of UND's reputation, alums, history, tradition, facilities, etc to have this bad of players.  It's like Berry tries not to get good players....that's the only explanation.  I actually like our D and goaltending, so who's running the show on the forward recruiting?

• Upvote 1

Start of the 2nd half of the season with a pretty much fully healthy group and you know you have no room for error and this is the type of effort and performance they put on the ice. We just lost to freaking Canisius, let that sink in for a moment. Are you kidding me? Canisius wouldn't be a top 15 AA team in Minnesota High School hockey. This loss is not only tremendously embarrassing but does a ton of damage as well. The way this team showed up tonight is a huge indictment on this coaching staff as well. Playing at half speed for most of the game with no discipline at all and more coasting than you see at open skating at your local rink. No adjustments throughout the game either, guys keep dumping it in against a clearly inferior team that was giving you plenty of room to skate the puck in. This roster needs a huge overhaul and talent infusion. There should be a number of difficult conversations that take place after the season. I'm at the point were I have very little confidence in this staff and particularly with Brad Berry in charge to pull this program out of the spiral we are in. There is a guy out there who had a ton of success here with a number of different types of teams and in my mind it is time to give him a call. Bring Back Hak!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Blackheart said:

I only got to watch third period...so was their goalie that good?  Looked like we hit a couple posts and just buzzed for almost the entire 3rd period.

We just can't put the puck in the net. We have no real goal scorers on this team. Even our best dman Poolman, had a horrible game.

Just now, Blackheart said:

I only got to watch third period...so was their goalie that good?  Looked like we hit a couple posts and just buzzed for almost the entire 3rd period.

No, their goalie is average, IMO.  He stood on his head in the 3rd, but UND stepped on their ($*%&$*'s for the first two periods, so he didn't have to be great, except for 10 minutes at the end.

Just now, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Sacred Heart hold the fewest goals scored against Canisius in a series with 5. I have a feeling the University of North Dakota is going to shatter that record. Unbelievable 

That's dropping knowledge. Well done. I take the under!

2 minutes ago, OgieOgilthorpe said:

Sacred Heart holds the fewest goals scored against Canisius in a series this season with 5. I have a feeling the University of North Dakota is going to shatter that record tomorrow.  Unbelievable 

True, but UND is no Sacred Heart... :(

I remember Berry saying "I love this team" before the season started.  I remember Berry saying that the first half was "respectable", and that he looked forward to a healthy squad.  

Well, your squad is healthy now, coaches.  What the hell was that crap tonight?

Just now, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Well, Brad did report that the rink was on the 6th or 7th floor...maybe we just weren't prepared for a game at altitude.

Just preparing for when CC comes to the Red River Valley next weekend.