SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

It's Wednesday and they are playing Northern Colorado.  What do you guys expect for ticket sales?  Go shovel or something.

Already shoveled, we are not going to be 3-8, just under the Bubble, fighting for a playoff spot. 
If we can get in, we do have a realistic chance of winning a game or two in the playoffs, that would be huge for this FB program.
Then, next year, build on that.

For games like this where there are many seats for sale, why not drop ticket sales drastically.  Seriously, why not sell 10 dollar tickets, 5 dollars for kids.  Great opportunity of fans who otherwise wouldn't go to attend a game.  Also makes it cheaper for families who want to bring their kids to games but don't want to pay the &25 plus ticketmaster fees per ticket to attend a game in November against a bad team. 

On 11/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, F'n Hawks said:

Ticket map for next week so far...

EDB0BBBF-CCD4-4576-BAB3-FE513619B6BE.png

What potential new fan can look at that chart and get excited about going to a game, especially against UNC?

Move the students to the end like everyone else does, and suddenly you’ve got some quality seats available.  Then next year, more might buy season tickets, or at least come to a couple games vs looking at that chart and saying meh, I’ll watch at home. 

Now I've posted all Div I schools' FB seating charts from the 3 states surrounding ND and ND.
Mn of course is the only FBS U. 
image 18

Student Section is the purple behind the right end zone.
None of these U's have their student section at midfield like we do. 
Chaves you have your eyes on? 

• Upvote 2

Attendance issues at the other ND....

https://sports.yahoo.com/notre-dames-sellout-streak-expected-to-end-after-36-years-185557389.html

Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick acknowledged in a statement Thursday morning that the Irish’s home game against Navy on Saturday is not expected to be a sellout, ending a streak of 273 consecutive games. Swarbrick said the university does not anticipate the Boston College game on Nov. 23 to be a sellout either. 

So if attendance drops on in what is basically a play off game we can stop with the "winning will fix attendance" and "band wagon fans will come when games matter" and accept that dwindling attendance is seasonal and a matonal trend.

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

So if attendance drops on in what is basically a play off game we can stop with the "winning will fix attendance" and "band wagon fans will come when games matter" and accept that dwindling attendance is seasonal and a matonal trend.

No. There is a delay though.  After the 2016 season, there was a definite bump in 2017 attendance.  Looking at hockey, it took 2 bad years for attendance to take a noticeable hit. Them being good so far this year hasn't resulted in an immediate bump, but if they continue to do well season tickets and sales in general will bump up next year.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, Siouxphan27 said:

What potential new fan can look at that chart and get excited about going to a game, especially against UNC?

Move the students to the end like everyone else does, and suddenly you’ve got some quality seats available.  Then next year, more might buy season tickets, or at least come to a couple games vs looking at that chart and saying meh, I’ll watch at home. 

Exactly.

I can’t remember for sure but were home games televised 15 years ago? I can’t remember when they started being televised. I know though that when I was in school you had to go to the game to see the game. If games were on TV back then there would have been a piss poor turnout for games late in the year when it was cold. Now instead of freezing your butt off, you can just stay in your dorm or apartment and drink for free with your buddies and watch the game.