SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

32 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Didn't the AD already say there has been no discussion of moving the students? So really this is all just what is message board gurus think should happen. I doubt the students will be moved.

Never underestimate the power of the message boards.  MafiaMan and all the rest that jumped on board demanded the Ralph change the banners to "era specific logos" for all it's banners.  Took four years but we did it!!!  #keyboardwarriors :D

43 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Didn't the AD already say there has been no discussion of moving the students? So really this is all just what is message board gurus think should happen. I doubt the students will be moved.

Well, it IS a message board, so... yeah?

FYI, the message board gurus were also on board with firing Muss and Rudy, well before those with any power finally did so.  The message board was also ahead on voicing game day concerns, and most of the issues that the game day committee took action on, or tried to implement, were already voiced here, so I'd think someone was reading.  I also think it would be better for Chaves to hear some grumbling about this from SOMEWHERE, rather than hear nothing at all, no?  Maybe this forum can spur discussion within the AD, because apparently there hasn't been any yet.  The fact of the matter is that UND's AD needs money - the students, who don't attend games, limit the potential sale of the most expensive seats in the building (champions club dues).  It doesn't take rocket science to figure out what the most beneficial move is for the athletic department.

Pricing of single game tickets is a whole other issue.  The end sections clearly lack demand, and a move to a dynamic pricing model would clearly be beneficial.  I'm fairly certain that AD is hamstrung, if they wanted to implement something like this, due to the contract with the Ralph.  Discounted general admission tickets in the end sections that are ALWAYS empty is another no brainer.  Tickets for UND football are very expensive, when compared to most programs around the country.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I didn't post a source, so I'll dig around and report some specific examples - maybe I'm wrong.  For clarification, I was specifically referencing the lowest face value ticket price for single game tickets.

Tickets are $25.  You can get tickets at the 35 yard line in section 215 right now. 

Would like to see the students move down to the end  (210, 211, 212).  Move the band to 213.  Open 214, 215, 216 to general seating.  General is the only way to keep together a tailgate party. Best times at memorial were on the east side (general).  A few from our group leave once the tailgating is done.....for the reason of not being grouped up.  Most of the wives could care less about the game .....they like to have a few drinks and crack jokes and talk “women things” .....as a group.  Over the years I have spoken to quite a few people that have indicated they don’t like attending games as the people around them get annoyed at them for standing up and cheering.  Ridiculous.   In general seating I would think standing and cheering is mandatory. So I’m advocating two things ....move the students and makes three sections or minimum two sections  general seating. 

51 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Would like to see the students move down to the end  (210, 211, 212).  Move the band to 213.  Open 214, 215, 216 to general seating.  General is the only way to keep together a tailgate party. Best times at memorial were on the east side (general).  A few from our group leave once the tailgating is done.....for the reason of not being grouped up.  Most of the wives could care less about the game .....they like to have a few drinks and crack jokes and talk “women things” .....as a group.  Over the years I have spoken to quite a few people that have indicated they don’t like attending games as the people around them get annoyed at them for standing up and cheering.  Ridiculous.   In general seating I would think standing and cheering is mandatory. So I’m advocating two things ....move the students and makes three sections or minimum two sections  general seating. 

So these fans don’t attend because they can’t stand and cheer?  Sounds like a convenient excuse for not going.

5 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

Always thought the placement of the band was wrong. Should get some good size high risers and move them to behind the end zone under the walkways. Acoustically would probably be better as they would be facing all of the fans. Be better sounding. 

Doesn't seem like there is room.  See players running into the walls as it is. 

9 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

Always thought the placement of the band was wrong. Should get some good size high risers and move them to behind the end zone under the walkways. Acoustically would probably be better as they would be facing all of the fans. Be better sounding. 

Bands are typically at the ends in most college stadiums.  Since the Alerus has no endzone seating, they are where they are.  Where the band at is about the best place they can be. 

UND at  Weber State University   Sat. (11-9)
Ogden, Utah
Weber was started as a private school in 1889 and became state supported in 1933.
Presently 26,681 students.

Stewart Stadium
Opened in the 1950's and was expanded in 1966
Capacity - 17,312
Surface is synthetic turf, natural grass until 2011.
Wildcats - Purple & White

https://weberstatesports.com/sports/football

stewart%20stadium.jpg?crc=91403057

image.jpeg.e4f0f40f5d1e1ba17bd3ad1da58946d5.jpeg