SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Only diehards were there. They generally already have tickets.

Had freebie tickets and enjoyed the game like the 700+ HS band kids who performed (and were GREAT btw) but that leaves 7000 as the in-house crowd for a late season playoff-making game...lame?  Maybe or maybe not because the team is also mediocre and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence tha they could have a deep playoff run...they could have proven me wrong on the field but didn't:-(   Wahh WAHH!

4 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UNC at UND

ATTENDANCE:  7,732
DURATION:        3:19

I was deer hunting all weekend, first game I missed this season.
How full were the seson ticket sections?
We need a good showing for this last game, pretty low attendance numbers as compared to last few years.

Lot of open seats in season ticket areas.

• Like 1

So will the MN hockey games hurt our attendance at the FB game at Nicholls, maybe not much?
What if we would of won the home game bid and this FB game was in GF, it surely would of? Did the selection committee know?
Our only other playoff game, we had a Boston school playing us in a home game at Madison Square Garden.

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So will the MN hockey games hurt our attendance at the FB game at Nicholls, maybe not much?
What if we would of won the home game bid and this FB game was in GF, it surely would of? Did the selection committee know?
Our only other playoff game, we had a Boston school playing us in a home game at Madison Square Garden.

Yeah I was gonna mention this.  Not the best scheduling on UND's part with two big away games that fans will plan for ahead of time.  I'm headed to the hockey game Friday, which would make a trip up to GF on Saturday difficult.  I doubt it affected the selection committee's decision, as it's based on how much teams bid, not attendance.  Could have factored in to how much UND wanted to bid though. 

9 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Yeah I was gonna mention this.  Not the best scheduling on UND's part with two big away games that fans will plan for ahead of time.  I'm headed to the hockey game Friday, which would make a trip up to GF on Saturday difficult.  I doubt it affected the selection committee's decision, as it's based on how much teams bid, not attendance.  Could have factored in to how much UND wanted to bid though. 

So with a UND FCS bid on a possible game at the Alerus next Saturday, how much more would of Chaves have bid without the hockey series at the Goofs?
Maybe that's the reason we lost the bid to Nicholls St.?  Too many fans already had plans for the TC's.

Lets assume we were playing at Western Michigan in hockey this coming weekend and at MN the week after (just for sake of this argument, switching hockey weekends). Not nearly as many fans would go to W. Mich. We had just under 10,000 fans for Richmond.  With attendance down a little this year, if we bid $20 a seat thinking we were going to get 9,000 fans in this W. Mich. new scenario; do we bid $10 - $20,000 more than what we did? NCAA gets the bid or after expenses 75%, whichever is more. Maybe we could of bid north of $100,000. 

$20 x 9,200 fans = $181,000 have to factor 200 students at $5
less $46,000 for expenses, a guess
$135,000 net x 75% = $101,250
Could of this been close and could of we got in under this hypothetical scenario?

1 hour ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

So with a UND FCS bid on a possible game at the Alerus next Saturday, how much more would of Chaves have bid without the hockey series at the Goofs?
Maybe that's the reason we lost the bid to Nicholls St.?  Too many fans already had plans for the TC's.

Lets assume we were playing at Western Michigan in hockey this coming weekend and at MN the week after (just for sake of this argument, switching hockey weekends). Not nearly as many fans would go to W. Mich. We had just under 10,000 fans for Richmond.  With attendance down a little this year, if we bid $20 a seat thinking we were going to get 9,000 fans in this W. Mich. new scenario; do we bid $10 - $20,000 more than what we did? NCAA gets the bid or after expenses 75%, whichever is more. Maybe we could of bid north of $100,000. 

$20 x 9,200 fans = $181,000 have to factor 200 students at $5
less $46,000 for expenses, a guess
$135,000 net x 75% = $101,250
Could of this been close and could of we got in under this hypothetical scenario?