SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Attendance

SiouxFan100

Mascots are important and Vital for the experience of the crowd.... still think the design could have been better... is this one different? If so, it seems to be an improvement over what was riding around the Alerus... that one you could see the under costume in the arms...

visual recognition for a 3 1/2 ton5 year old is what’s important

2,350 tickets available.

The student section is not in these numbers, big variable there.
Visiting teams could also give back some tickets and they would show up Friday.
The corner by the student section has very few seats available, maybe for some occasion or HS students, potential for some sets here not being taken.

All in all, could be best crowd of the season so far.

22 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

2,350 tickets available.

The student section is not in these numbers, big variable there.
Visiting teams could also give back some tickets and they would show up Friday.
The corner by the student section has very few seats available, maybe for some occasion or HS students, potential for some sets here not being taken.

All in all, could be best crowd of the season so far.

I think it’s due to parents weekend. I still think a big walk up crowd and tons of students will be needed to reach 10K. What happened to $15 seats in the end sections?

It seems to me the relationship between wins and attendance exists, but winning/losing really makes a bigger impact the following year.  Attendance more so based on pre season expectations.  Rudy ball was not helpful though even in winning seasons.  The new offense is much more enjoyable to watch.  I think attendance next year will be much better, and we may see a season tickets bump with a mvfc schedule.

• Upvote 2

UND could be undefeated and still be short 2,000 spectators from a sell-out over deer hunting opener (which we are on the road this year), however having two home games in late November is going to be really bad for attendance but i have to assume they don't have much say over their schedule as an independent. 

2 hours ago, Kab said:

Student attendance yesterday was embarrassing 

not sure there is much anyone can do about it 

The student attendance hasn’t been good for years. Thus, I seriously want UND athletics to move the student section down and allow season ticket holders to occupy the midfield areas on BOTH sides. Better alumni relations AND aesthetics, especially for visiting recruits. The current student seating situation is an outdated DII model and doesn’t make sense to me at all. 

UND needs to really close off the student line at the REA until atleast after halftime at the Alerus. Priority tickets in the past has helped but students have stilled line up at the ralph as they could. Also find a sponsor to give every student a free slice of pizza or something at games. Mankato did that for their hockey games with Pizza Ranch sponsoring, it seemed like studemts went more for the pizza then the game, but they were still there.

54 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The student attendance hasn’t been good for years. Thus, I seriously want UND athletics to move the student section down and allow season ticket holders to occupy the midfield areas on BOTH sides. Better alumni relations AND aesthetics, especially for visiting recruits. The current student seating situation is an outdated DII model and doesn’t make sense to me at all. 

This is the response I received from Chaves when I asked him about moving students.

”Given the support our student body provides to us annually, candidly - we have not discussed moving them from their seating.

i guess more fans need to contact him 

22 minutes ago, Kab said:

This is the response I received from Chaves when I asked him about moving students.

”Given the support our student body provides to us annually, candidly - we have not discussed moving them from their seating.

i guess more fans need to contact him 

I guess I just don’t see this support he speaks of. The student section is consistently over 80% empty. 

And, for Chaves being a DI AD, he should know what the precedent is for student seating at college football games. It just doesn’t happen very often where students are given midfield seating (taking away from season ticket holders), especially when the attendance has been poor for years.

But yes, more season ticket holders need to contact Chaves regarding this. The seating at the Alerus Center is not being best utilized, in my opinion. Chaves appears to be misinformed. Folks should take photos of student section (visual evidence) and email them to him. 

I'm swinging the other way......first time I've said this but the students need to go from their current sections. Yesterday was just pathetic. My daughter hasn't missed a game and stays to the end but it's her and just 37 other students. Find a different section for them.