Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season


UNDBIZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/20/2018 at 5:35 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

F’ it. Go for the W and beat cow college.

Need to be way more aggressive than the offense was in 2015.

Go for the win, UND. Then leave the Fargodome as it implodes with riots in the background.

Then the team can bus to Bismarck and break out the MotherF#$%ing Nickel!!!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2018 at 10:06 AM, geaux_sioux said:

You really think that if we beat NDSU there’s a chance we don’t make the playoffs? I’d put that at slim to none.

With Bubba there is always a chance.  After the epic 2nd half playoff meltdown against Richmond I will never underestimate Bubba again.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

With London in the mix, that should shore up the RB situation. It'll take a step back, given who they lose, but should still be a strong unit next year. The way I look at it, there's two huge holes that need to be addressed before next season.

(1) QB Position - Yes, they return all 4 QBs on the roster, but 8's play down the stretch has me concerned. I just don't think he can be the guy next year. They are going to need one of the others to step up, my hope is Boltmann shows he can be the guy. 

(2) Nose guard - I hope this coaching staff's #1 goal this off season is bringing in at a minimum one guy, hopefully two.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me, QB is wide open, especially going into a new offensive philosophy. If we are going to spread things out more, Boltman might be a good option with his ability to run. Spring/fall will be important to get "the guy" into that spot.

 

Agree with the concern regarding nose. Nothing has been down to address the loss there really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My biggest concern with QB play is WHY did #8's play deteriorate so badly? Was he being coached in a way that held back his best qualities?? Was he given the best coaching possible, but just lacks something?? Either way let the best player play at each and every position. And if there's no NG additions, what are we even looking at?? Morrison playing 60 snaps a game? Who else is even behind him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SkoHawks said:

My biggest concern with QB play is WHY did #8's play deteriorate so badly? Was he being coached in a way that held back his best qualities?? Was he given the best coaching possible, but just lacks something?? Either way let the best player play at each and every position. And if there's no NG additions, what are we even looking at?? Morrison playing 60 snaps a game? Who else is even behind him?

Still think Hergel would make a nice nose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

My biggest concern with QB play is WHY did #8's play deteriorate so badly? Was he being coached in a way that held back his best qualities?? Was he given the best coaching possible, but just lacks something?? Either way let the best player play at each and every position. And if there's no NG additions, what are we even looking at?? Morrison playing 60 snaps a game? Who else is even behind him?

NG to me is a bigger concern than QB.  QB is obviously important as Kett just didn't have it at the end of the year, but between hopefully a better line, better play calling, Zimm or Boltmann....and hopefully QB getting coached up better....might be ok but still a concern.  We could still play with what we have on the roster at QB right now if we needed to.  However if we don't do something at NG we are in trouble.  Having one undersized NG with very little playing time......ouch we will likely get gashed up the middle again like two years ago when we had no middle LB's.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

NG to me is a bigger concern than QB.  QB is obviously important as Kett just didn't have it at the end of the year, but between hopefully a better line, better play calling, Zimm or Boltmann....and hopefully QB getting coached up better....might be ok but still a concern.  We could still play with what we have on the roster at QB right now if we needed to.  However if we don't do something at NG we are in trouble.  Having one undersized NG with very little playing time......ouch we will likely get gashed up the middle again like two years ago when we had no middle LB's.  

I agree....I said my biggest concern with QB play.....not my biggest concern is QB play. I think a capable 2019 QB is definitely on the roster already. Morrison might be a damn good NG, but that's a position you need to be 2-3 deep at. I'm still hoping for juco drop-down plus Kyle Atkinson out of Burnsville. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re: Goph RB transfer:   "The Gophers-terrible team, terrible town, bad logo, bad colors, rude-hostile fans, dirty players, unethical coaches"...….but wait: lead story in GF newspaper about the transfer....

Hypocritical of the Fighting S***sies crowd...IMO....

Seriously...best to the young man and to the Fighting Hawk FB team...all sports have accepted, if not embraced the new logo.....except the 'puckaloons'....tells ya' something....right there....

  • Downvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, John W. said:

Re: Goph RB transfer:   "The Gophers-terrible team, terrible town, bad logo, bad colors, rude-hostile fans, dirty players, unethical coaches"...….but wait: lead story in GF newspaper about the transfer....

Hypocritical of the Fighting S***sies crowd...IMO....

Seriously...best to the young man and to the Fighting Hawk FB team...all sports have accepted, if not embraced the new logo.....except the 'puckaloons'....tells ya' something....right there....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, SkoHawks said:

My biggest concern with QB play is WHY did #8's play deteriorate so badly? Was he being coached in a way that held back his best qualities?? Was he given the best coaching possible, but just lacks something?? Either way let the best player play at each and every position. And if there's no NG additions, what are we even looking at?? Morrison playing 60 snaps a game? Who else is even behind him?

I honestly think any QB would’ve struggled given the overall offensive dysfunction at the end of last season. No receivers to make plays hurts a lot (many were injured). No tempo or easy throws implemented regularly. The offense really was DISGUSTING to watch, no other way to put it.

Thank God Bubba went a different direction offensively with Freund - there was no other option but cleaning house including Bubba. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we don't have two competent nose guards, I am not sure we should be in a 3-4. To play a 3-4 scheme effectively you need a dominate nose guard to eat up multiple blockers. This really concerns me right now. 

I am a fan of the 3-4 scheme but if we do not have the NG then we need to be in a true 4-3. The question is, will we adapt?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I honestly think any QB would’ve struggled given the overall offensive dysfunction at the end of last season. No receivers to make plays hurts a lot (many were injured). No tempo or easy throws implemented regularly. The offense really was DISGUSTING to watch, no other way to put it.

Thank God Bubba went a different direction offensively with Freund - there was no other option but cleaning house including Bubba. 

I do. I would have Kett at third string going into spring ball after what I saw. We would have made the playoffs with Studsrud last year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...