SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 Season

UNDBIZ

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

One thing that should be fun about having a new OC is early in the season teams not having film on us. If we can go super basic against Drake and not show any of our cards we can spring a bit of a trap on NDSU.

Exactly!!

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

F’ it. Go for the W and beat cow college.

Need to be way more aggressive than the offense was in 2015.

Go for the win, UND. Then leave the Fargodome as it implodes with riots in the background.

Agreed.  Now that Rudy (my nemesis) is gone I feel und is very capable.  

This is a good time to get ndsu. They will be in full reload (still have plenty of talent) and und returns most of their starters.  If , IF...und finds a competent OC, I don’t see why und cant do it.   Ndsu won’t have any tape to look at as to what und runs offensively so maybe UND will actually bring an element of surprise to ndsu with a newly installed offense.

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

F’ it. Go for the W and beat cow college.

Need to be way more aggressive than the offense was in 2015.

Go for the win, UNDThen leave the Fargodome as it implodes with riots in the background.

You realize Bubba is still the coach, don't you?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dustin said:

If there's one game Bubba would want to win, you know it would be this one.

IMO it should have been the last one vs NAU......that one should matter more to most UND FB fans but I could be way off base there too.

1 minute ago, Oxbow6 said:

IMO it should have been the last one vs NAU......that one should matter more to most UND FB fans but I could be way off base there too.

To think that Bubba and co really want to win one game over another is silly.  Will there be more emotion for NDSU, of course, but more emotion does not always translate into a better product on the field.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ND1 said:
31 Drake
Sept. 7 at NDSU
Sept. 14 Sam Houston State
Sept. 21 Open
Sept. 28 at Eastern Washington*
Oct. 5 UC Davis*
Oct. 12 at Idaho State*
Oct. 19 at Cal Poly*
Oct. 26 Montana State*
Nov. 2 Bye
Nov. 9 at Weber State*
Nov. 16 Northern Colorado*
Nov. 23 Southern Utah*

So Basically the top 3 seed from this years playoff all on the road next year.  We have to have the toughest schedule in all of FCS next year.  If they can sneak into the playoffs they will be battle tested for sure.

As far as a 12th games either a  cupcake at home or just take the extra bye week.  Would be nice to have extra week off before heading to Eastern Washington.  Schedule is tough enough already that they don't need to add another FBS game.

The goal of any FCS FB program should be to play the regular season so that they can make the playoffs.......11-0, 8-3 or 6-5. Doesn't matter as long as you get in. Getting in starts a whole new season and gives everyone a new opportunity. Beating NDSU next year and missing the playoffs again isn't what most UND FB fans are looking for. Maybe the new coaching changes will unite the whole staff to go into next season with that mentality......coach to win every game. IMO that didn't happen this year.

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

The goal of any FCS FB program should be to play the regular season so that they can make the playoffs.......11-0, 8-3 or 6-5. Doesn't matter as long as you get in. Getting in starts a whole new season and gives everyone a new opportunity. Beating NDSU next year and missing the playoffs again isn't what most UND FB fans are looking for. Maybe the new coaching changes will unite the whole staff to go into next season with that mentality......coach to win every game. IMO that didn't happen this year.

I would have to think there must have been some dissension on the staff.  

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

You really think that if we beat NDSU there’s a chance we don’t make the playoffs? I’d put that at slim to none.

24 teams have at least one more week of practice.
16 teams have at least two more weeks of practice. 

How important is that to a team?
Do those extra reps give a significant advantage to those teams in following seasons?

Or are all FCS teams allowed to practice while the FCS playoffs are happening? 

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

You really think that if we beat NDSU there’s a chance we don’t make the playoffs? I’d put that at slim to none.

Get fat and sassy after that (theoretical) win? No way. Out because of the target on the back and not being focused.

Treat a (theoretical) win as motivation that bigger things are possible so bust it harder to get into the playoffs? Yes. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

24 teams have at least one more week of practice.
16 teams have at least two more weeks of practice. 

How important is that to a team?
Do those extra reps give a significant advantage to those teams in following seasons?

Or are all FCS teams allowed to practice while the FCS playoffs are happening? 

I would say very very important.  

Don't think so.

11 hours ago, Dustin said:

If there's one game Bubba would want to win, you know it would be this one.

Because, you know, he doesn't always want to win games.

This is the part that bugs me most. The notion a coach, ANY coach wants anything but to get the W. You can condemn how he does it, but NEVER doubt that he wants to get that W more than any of us on this sometimes completely silly board.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, shep said:

This is the part that bugs me most. The notion a coach, ANY coach wants anything but to get the W. You can condemn how he does it, but NEVER doubt that he wants to get that W more than any of us on this sometimes completely silly board.

I wasn’t trying to convey that Bubba (or any coach) doesn’t care about whether they win or lose. But bubba knows which game next season would impact the program and its fans the most by winning. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Dustin said:

I wasn’t trying to convey that Bubba (or any coach) doesn’t care about whether they win or lose. But bubba knows which game next season would impact the program and its fans the most by winning. 

And after I wrote that, I realized I should have said I wasn't implying you were suggesting that, but I do believe and have seen others who have. My bad.

14 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

Agreed.  Now that Rudy (my nemesis) is gone I feel und is very capable.  

This is a good time to get ndsu. They will be in full reload (still have plenty of talent) and und returns most of their starters.  If , IF...und finds a competent OC, I don’t see why und cant do it.   Ndsu won’t have any tape to look at as to what und runs offensively so maybe UND will actually bring an element of surprise to ndsu with a newly installed offense.

Will UND's new OC bring in a whole new OL? Because if they don't, even with all that NDSU loses this year, the NDSU front seven has plenty of talent coming back that they will be in the backfield harassing Kett (or whoever is their QB) and JJ will be dodging people 5 yards in the backfield all day. But I would agree, NDSU will have a freshman QB and may have a hard time scoring points, at least early in the season, but I am not sure UND will be able to score enough to win the game.

2 hours ago, shep said:

Then strap on a pair and go for it for once and put your team in position to win.  In my opinion Mr. "The Punt is a Good Play" is the most gutless coach in DI.  

• 3 weeks later...