SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State

Midwestern Hawk

8 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Don't know much about Weber State, other than that they are ranked highly in the polls - is their defensive strength the run game or the passing game?  What kind of offensive scheme will Rudy need to keep Weber's defense off-balance?

Based only on a quick look at the stats from their games, it looks like they're pretty good all-around on D.  Very good against the run and hold QBs to around 50% completion.  Also forcing around 2 interceptions per game.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

So it sounds like a defensive score would be a key to winning the game.

I would agree with you there.

Now, how could we lose this game? Special Teams. A lot of posts on here this season about how special teams could possible cost us a game this season. We had a night mare of problems in Sacramento on special teams, this has to be a major corrective focus this week. Play clean ball here and we don't lose.

Hopefully we got that terrible special teams bad game out of our system last Saturday.

• Upvote 2

Nice to have some depth for a change.  Izzy and Toivonen presumed questionable at best. 

Time for Maag to take another step.

McKinney on sweeps and screens

If he can play, put Santiago out wide and get him in space.

Stanley only a few games left ... make them count!

Greibel introduce yourself to the Big Sky and show us why you were recruited so hard by us and others. (FWIW, I think Mikey is faster than some are giving him credit for. Just hasn't shown it yet.  And yes, I have seen him in practice but mostly with a big old cast on his arm, so he was never at full speed)

Let's go, Hawks, beat Weber!

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Leave it to friends from the cities to schedule their wedding on the biggest football weekend of the season. Their dance better kick ass. I’ll have to bust out the tequila.

I have been known to bring my laptop to family functions, including my niece's post-wedding brunch. Find a quiet corner and fire up the stream!

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Nice to have some depth for a change.  Izzy and Toivonen presumed questionable at best. 

Time for Maag to take another step.

McKinney on sweeps and screens

If he can play, put Santiago out wide and get him in space.

Stanley only a few games left ... make them count!

Greibel introduce yourself to the Big Sky and show us why you were recruited so hard by us and others. (FWIW, I think Mikey is faster than some are giving him credit for. Just hasn't shown it yet.  And yes, I have seen him in practice but mostly with a big old cast on his arm, so he was never at full speed)

Let's go, Hawks, beat Weber!

I have been saying this for 2 years now!!  Brady and JJ can carry thew load in the backfield.  Santiago is most dangerous when he is has the ball out on the corner and has to only make one move on a corner to get a big gain.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This will be a great game.  I think it will come down to if #8 can make those 2-3 key throws that can extend a drive/score a touchdown/etc.  

This is a game where you would look to get "Creative" with the offense or perhaps plan in reverse: Use the Pass to set up the run

Protect, Protect, Protect

UND needs this game more than Weber does... period. Really start to get the momentum going with a W.

Lastly:  Find a way to get people into the Alerus and MAKE IT LOUD. 

Early Week Thoughts:  I'll take the over and 23-17 UND 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

This will be a great game.  I think it will come down to if #8 can make those 2-3 key throws that can extend a drive/score a touchdown/etc.  

This is a game where you would look to get "Creative" with the offense or perhaps plan in REVERSE Use the Pass to set up the right

Protect, Protect, Protect

UND needs this game more than Weber does... period. Really start to get the momentum going with a W.

Lastly:  Find a way to get people into the Alerus and MAKE IT LOUD. 

Early Week Thoughts:  I'll take the over and 23-17 UND 

Let’s not give Rudolph any ideas and give us a flashback of Richmond. 

My prediction. 28-17 UND. Put Ket in the position to succeed and win us the game. Nice quick passes to get his confidence going and then take a shot when the opportunity strikes.  RBs handle the main workload. If we get Weber on the ropes don’t get comfy, I want to see this team and coaching staff leave their “niceness” in the locker room just destroy. 

• Upvote 3