SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State

Midwestern Hawk

1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

This. It's best for me not to read the game time posts as they are primarily emotion based, not logic or fact based. There are so many uninformed posts.

I was running pretty hot on Saturday as I usually do. That’s the tough thing about road games, too much of an opportunity to post something in the heat of the moment.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Are we worried about Santiago for the season here? Obviously hope he can make it back, but could he potentially be done? That would be a terrible way to end a stellar career.

after we went up 7-0 and got the ball again on the next kickoff against montana to go up 14-0 ...jon should've sat the whole game.

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

after we went up 7-0 and got the ball again on the next kickoff against montana to go up 14-0 ...jon should've sat the whole game.

Agreed, but do we know how long he will be out? Or could he potentially be done for the season and his career?

3 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

IMO you can pretty much throw out anything said in the middle of the game in the heat of the moment as a knee jerk reaction.  In the heat of the moment in middle of the game I'd probably rip on my own mother if she 'dropped the ball' or whatever.  Not that a person has freedom to say anything during a game......but anybody sitting in stands at any football game anywhere.....if a guy completely screws up...drops an easy pass...or whatever...….you know people are yelling stupid stuff to themselves in the stands at the game and are momentarily pissed off.  It just looks worse online because it is in black and white and people can go back and look at it later....not in heat of the moment.  

I understand and agree. That’s why I think it’s best that I not read the posts. People should feel free to post emotion based posts if they want. 

3 minutes ago, shep said:

Holm is sooooo valuable as a Corner that I don't want him running back KO's. Just me worrying I hope.

Agreed, another place I was hoping to see Greibel step in since he was supposed to be the shifty guy. Would love to see McKinney find a seam this week and show that high end speed. A ST touchdown, would lean this game heavy in UND's favor.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

I would have liked Greibel or McKinney as a PR. Maybe the coaches don’t trust them?

Although Wanzek did drop a punt  last week, he must be most trusted to catch the punt?

Yes, I suspect they trust Wanzek to catch a ball but never to run with it. 

3 minutes ago, ND1 said:

I want to see a fake point... it’s only a matter of time as I believe our punter is a former All state high school sprinter. 

He looked pretty fast chasing after the guys returning the botched xp snap. Probably would've caught them if the field was 150 yards. 

1 hour ago, shep said:

Holm is sooooo valuable as a Corner that I don't want him running back KO's. Just me worrying I hope.

Holm has been the secondary returner on kicks all year and has 7 returns so far (Santiago has 12). Agree that losing him to injury there would be borderline devastating. Maybe they'll be having him fair catch more and just take the ball at the 25 to prevent it. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

What's it say that our only goal on special teams is to not turn the ball over?

Wouldn't be the first time in recent memory that our return era's only job was to fair catch it. UND's percentage of punts actually returned over the last few years is pretty low, overall wouldn't be a huge difference. 

48 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Wouldn't be the first time in recent memory that our return era's only job was to fair catch it. UND's percentage of punts actually returned over the last few years is pretty low, overall wouldn't be a huge difference. 

Hopefully next year McKinney or Greibel, or another guy who can make guys miss.....can solidify that position and we actually have somebody back there that can do something other than just fair catch.  Obviously Santiago could.  I remember every time Dressler fielded a punt.....you half expected him to take it to the house.....you never wanted to take your bathroom break while the other team was punting....you might miss something.  

Even though Wanzek fumbled, I'm probably ok having him back their against Weber verses putting Greibel in for his first time ever fielding punts in a college game.  I really hope our special teams hit the bottom last week.  I know we won't be nailing 47 yard FG's against Weber...but all other facets need to solid against Weber....it's going to be a tight game. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, another place I was hoping to see Greibel step in since he was supposed to be the shifty guy. Would love to see McKinney find a seam this week and show that high end speed. A ST touchdown, would lean this game heavy in UND's favor.

Think the last time Weber played at the Alerus didn't Santiago take a KO for a TD? I agree with not putting Holm on kick offs. There has to be other guys that can be there like greibel or McKinney....

14 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Are we worried about Santiago for the season here? Obviously hope he can make it back, but could he potentially be done? That would be a terrible way to end a stellar career.

Unless we make a run in the playoffs, unfortunately I think he is done.... that’s what I heard at least