SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State

Midwestern Hawk

7 hours ago, Dustin said:

When you look at it this way, I feel quite confident that UND will be able to put up at least that many points.  And if Weber's offense is their weakness, I would tend to agree that UND's defense could hold them to just a few scoring opportunities.

If we win this game, we may become thought of as the new Weber.  Super boring offense that just plugs away and does score some points, and a really good defense.  Man if we just had at least average special teams!   Weber shut down EWU, but I'm hoping maybe our style of play translates better?  We'll see.  Hopefully we get one OL man back this week, OL playing well against a tough defense will be important. 

If we win the turnover battle, and 3rd down conversion percentages I say we win the game. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

If we win this game, we may become thought of as the new Weber.  Super boring offense that just plugs away and does score some points, and a really good defense.  Man if we just had at least average special teams!   Weber shut down EWU, but I'm hoping maybe our style of play translates better?  We'll see.  Hopefully we get one OL man back this week, OL playing well against a tough defense will be important. 

If we win the turnover battle, and 3rd down conversion percentages I say we win the game. 

Another lost  fact is that EW  was without Gubrud when they played, a factor in their low scoring.

12 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Another lost  fact is that EW  was without Gubrud when they played, a factor in their low scoring.

Yeah that definitely had a big role in that, I don't think they hold EWU to 6 if Gubrud is playing, but I think they have still been pretty potent with their backup in and Weber shut them down.  First one to 17 on Saturday probably wins!

20 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The preparation among FCS watchers for a potential UND win has already begun. Much ado is being made of Weber St being without their #2 QB. The excuses are already being crafted.

Ha yeah I read the thread on AGS you are referring  to.

To their credit I do think the AGS poll is the best one out there though.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

The preparation among FCS watchers for a potential UND win has already begun. Much ado is being made of Weber St being without their #2 QB. The excuses are already being crafted.

It's beyond comical at this point.

Also reading about why SDSU is struggling (injuries) is a bit amusing as well.

19 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although he struggled with drops early, Toivonen has been an important check down option for Kett this season. Need Stanley, Maag, or someone else to fill that role. 

Very true

there are posters here that have been very critical of Toivonen - borderline mean in my humble opinion 

who else do we have that might “fill that role”

Toivonen has played really well the last few weeks.  I think some posters previously wanted to see Mckinney in more in place of Toivonen just to have a burner in there, instead of 3 similar body types.....Wanzek, Maag, and Toivonen, in attempt to make us more diverse.  I guess we'll see how it turns out with Toivonen out.   Really stinks that both him and Izzy are out though. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Toivonen has played really well the last few weeks.  I think some posters previously wanted to see Mckinney in more in place of Toivonen just to have a burner in there, instead of 3 similar body types.....Wanzek, Maag, and Toivonen, in attempt to make us more diverse.  I guess we'll see how it turns out with Toivonen out.   Really stinks that both him and Izzy are out though. 

Well then here is to McKinney having a breakout game and leading us to a win!

8 hours ago, YourInSiouxCountry said:

Just saw Toivenen in a walking boot and crutches

Walking boots are not always a bad thing...or thats what you hear from the big schools/NFL when stars are in walking boots. They say it can help rest up the body part for a couple days allowing quicker recovery or something similiar. I think Last Chance U had a similar statement

4 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Well then here is to McKinney having a breakout game and leading us to a win!

Let's hope!  Does he have good hands....can he block, guess we'll find out.  What we've done the last 3 weeks has worked so well, I don't really want to change much.  But maybe they can get him a deep ball or something.  Also maybe he won't be money on the sweep now, or maybe it will help the sweep even more......well that would be hard to do it has worked so well with him running it?

I expect to see a much better performance on some of the special teams play this week. 

We sure had things to work on and I am confident they were worked on. Can’t do much for confidence but let’s hope we have hit bottom and are rebounding.

Our wide receivers have been doing a great job catching the ball and blocking.

I wouldn’t want to be playing secondary against our running attack.

9 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Very true

there are posters here that have been very critical of Toivonen - borderline mean in my humble opinion 

who else do we have that might “fill that role”

I'll eat crow on this. I was pretty hard on Toivenen early in the season. To be fair, the criticism was not unwarranted early in the season; kids was droppin balls like crazy. Though he has really turned it around and made some nice catches over the past few weeks. Couldn't believe he hauled in that one handed grab a few weeks ago (wish it could have been in bounds), but a nice grab. Hope he bounces back quickly.

That being said, I don't expect too much out of Stanley at this point, just because he has been out of the game for so long. I do expect Maag to play a bigger role and step up. Nice to have some depth. Hoping to see Mckinney on more than just the jet sweeps, though that has worked really well for us, and hoping we can see some of those shift Mikey Griebel moves that we saw during recruiting.

• Like 1