SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State

Midwestern Hawk

I think this coming game the team will not have the benefit of the turnovers handed to them by Montana nor do I think they will get away with the turnovers they committed against Sacramento. 

They will need to play 60 minutes of real football this coming week.

37 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Really wish it didn’t fall on the same weekend as the Vegas game. I will be at the tailgate area to watch the second half. Think any sports books would be able to pick up the game?

I'd hang out at the Orleans and in light of the hockey game, maybe they'd make an effort to get the football game on.

53 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Really wish it didn’t fall on the same weekend as the Vegas game. I will be at the tailgate area to watch the second half. Think any sports books would be able to pick up the game?

I'm bringing my laptop and streaming it in my hotel room. then head over to the pregame party after. This game is too important. so I have to watch the whole thing!

• Upvote 4

I honestly think it is pretty poor that the champions club's answer to this situation is that we'll show the last hour of the game. At the very least fork over the money to get the sports book to carry it if you can't get that ballroom two hours earlier, or wherever the pregame party is

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Leave it to friends from the cities to schedule their wedding on the biggest football weekend of the season. Their dance better kick ass. I’ll have to bust out the tequila.

I wonder if und made any effort to push the bsc for an away game this weekend

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I think Leach should take a few days off. Clear his head. Get back to basics. It’s like a golfer who is in a slump. The best thing to do is not golf for a while instead of suffering from paralysis by analysis.

Earlier this year, talked with a former player who had plenty of insight on kickers. He said it's all mental at this point, appears it's not fixing itself. Not sure what the answer is, but running a fake field goal probably doesn't help it. 

For what it's worth, he had pretty good ratings from some legitimate kicking camps before he was on campus. Whatever it is, it needs to get fixed. 

The majority of special team gaffes continue to be execution on the part of individual players. If they can't get it done, the coaches need to figure out who can. 

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

I wonder if und made any effort to push the bsc for an away game this weekend

My understanding was yes even though the football schedule was set before the hockey game. They might have had a chance to get it changed since the schedules were tweaked when Idaho came back but I don't think the Big Sky was looking to do UND any favors but then and rearrange multiple games. 

A huge shift the last few weeks in the offense has been the WRs catching the balls they should. Early in the year we had numerous drops a game that killed drives. If we catch the ball well on Saturday we will be able to move the ball ane score enough points to win the game. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, siouxfb said:

A huge shift the last few weeks in the offense has been the WRs catching the balls they should. Early in the year we had numerous drops a game that killed drives. If we catch the ball well on Saturday we will be able to move the ball ane score enough points to win the game. 

Namely Toivonen. He’s been playing much better. I’ll take some crow on that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

Defensively and ST they are superb 

Offensively  they look average to poor.  They lost a lot of offensive talent off of last years team.  

So it sounds like a defensive score would be a key to winning the game.

Don't know much about Weber State, other than that they are ranked highly in the polls - is their defensive strength the run game or the passing game?  What kind of offensive scheme will Rudy need to keep Weber's defense off-balance?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Weber gave up 28 to UNC, 28 to NAU, and 24 to MSU.  We gave up 13 to UNC, 14 to UM, and 15 to Sac St.  I expect those trends to continue.... 

When you look at it this way, I feel quite confident that UND will be able to put up at least that many points.  And if Weber's offense is their weakness, I would tend to agree that UND's defense could hold them to just a few scoring opportunities.