SiouxSports.com Forum

Weber State

Midwestern Hawk

15 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed, another place I was hoping to see Greibel step in since he was supposed to be the shifty guy. Would love to see McKinney find a seam this week and show that high end speed. A ST touchdown, would lean this game heavy in UND's favor.

With both Izzy Adeoti and John Santiago out, UND offense loses a lot of speed this week.

Important that UND is really, and I mean really, physical this week with the o-line and Oliveira and Johannesson. 

Would love to see a big play over the top with Wanzek, Maag, McKinney, or even Cloyd on a play-action shot.

Have to keep up the aggressiveness we saw from the team against Montana. 

#4 team coming to the Alerus Center. Huge game, huge opportunity. UND needs to be aggressive and take this one.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Hopefully next year McKinney or Greibel, or another guy who can make guys miss.....can solidify that position and we actually have somebody back there that can do something other than just fair catch.  Obviously Santiago could.  I remember every time Dressler fielded a punt.....you half expected him to take it to the house.....you never wanted to take your bathroom break while the other team was punting....you might miss something.  

Even though Wanzek fumbled, I'm probably ok having him back their against Weber verses putting Greibel in for his first time ever fielding punts in a college game.  I really hope our special teams hit the bottom last week.  I know we won't be nailing 47 yard FG's against Weber...but all other facets need to solid against Weber....it's going to be a tight game. 

Need to be aggressive on special teams. It’s equally as important as offense and defense but oftentimes gets overlooked. 

Weber State is very solid on special teams and it could be the difference in the game.

Weber’s head coach Jay Hill is former special teams coordinator at University of Utah. 

Huge week for Kostich and his unit. 

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Need to be aggressive on special teams. It’s equally as important as offense and defense but oftentimes gets overlooked. 

Weber State is very solid on special teams and it could be the difference in the game.

Weber’s head coach Jay Hill is former special teams coordinator at University of Utah. 

Huge week for Kostich and his unit. 

This is the game where special teams could cost us. This is the first true litmus year for that unit and if they are capable of just not completely blowing a game ala the Richmond game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

#4 team coming to the Alerus Center. Huge game, huge opportunity. UND needs to be aggressive and take this one.

This is basically like a playoff game, we are fighting for our playoff lives on Saturday.  Need to do whatever it takes to win this game!!

• Upvote 4

Luke is #1 still and plays majority on the downs. Not sure I understand why they don't use Luke more on 3rd down sets. Hasn't dropped a pass this year. First few games Luke got a number of throws but has seemed to dry up these last few games. They still do use a lot of 2 TE sets. The last couple blow outs Luke had not played the 2nd halfs as they are trying to get the 3 and 4 guys on the field for experience. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, O Town said:

Luke is #1 still and plays majority on the downs. Not sure I understand why they don't use Luke more on 3rd down sets. Hasn't dropped a pass this year. First few games Luke got a number of throws but has seemed to dry up these last few games. They still do use a lot of 2 TE sets. The last couple blow outs Luke had not played the 2nd halfs as they are trying to get the 3 and 4 guys on the field for experience. 

If I recall the first game of the year the TE's had 4 receptions and a TD by halftime.  You're right though, the last couple of games there haven't been many passes because we were up and the OL and the RB's were rolling, so I guess that is ok.  Also I'm not sure if we've run a screen pass since that first game either, probably did a couple times I just can't remember.  Weber has a stout defense, likely need to break open the playbook a bit more this Saturday.  I was totally ok with running the ball down their throats in the second half the last three games though.

10 minutes ago, O Town said:

We should pass to our TE more in general.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

So my take on the game:

Offense - advantage UND

Defense - draw

Special Teams - advantage WSU

Keys to the game for a UND victory:  Score when given your chances on offense.  Rely on your defense to get the ball back to the offense. Obviously, well executed special teams would be ideal, but a flub is probably ok, so long as it is not a scoring play for them.

9 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

This guy seems to like us, he said previously he thought we were over looked.  This Weber game is so big....not just for this year....but when it comes respect in general.  If Weber comes and beats us by two scores.....it is going to take a while for anyone to think we are real.  Well I guess we could lose to Weber, still make the playoffs....and win a playoff game though.   

"We’ve got to do a great job of matching their toughness and their intensity," Hill said. "We’re going to have to overcome some diversity in this game."

https://www.standard.net/sports/weber-state/weber-state-football-cats-prepare-for-heavyweight-fight-at-north/article_fe66f2ac-d484-513f-af7b-20870282c56f.html

I could be wrong....but that seems a little racist. :D;) Nice job editor!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxTupa said:

Actually we did not win the title outright as the reporter stated we shared it with EW - although that is one history revision I will take. 

4 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

He doesn't like us.  But as an ndsu homer who's trying to pass himself off as a legitimate FCS commentator, he tries to give the impression he's impartial toward us by voicing support on occasion.

This is true,  but he did a good job hiding it here.

1 hour ago, ND1 said:

Love this quote:

Defensive end Adam Rodriguez led WSU with nine tackles the last time the Wildcats played at the Alerus Center in 2016 — a 27-19 loss to a UND team that finished 8-0 in conference play.

"It gets very loud. Their fans are crazy, they were yelling at us all last time," he said. "So I expect the same thing ... they’re ranked so there will probably be lots of people there to watch them."

• Upvote 1