SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

9 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Because heads explode in Fargo every time it is uttered.

So because people in Fargo brag about their national titles just like people in GF brag about hockey titles you call the football title JV even when UND is playing for that same title because neither us or the Bison isn’t fighting Alabama for the FBS title? :blink:

18 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

So because people in Fargo brag about their national titles just like people in GF brag about hockey titles you call the football title JV even when UND is playing for that same title because neither us or the Bison isn’t fighting Alabama for the FBS title? :blink:

I agree that we should be proud at winning a title no matter the level, but if we stayed in Division 2 and were winning titles every year, I would guess the people down south would be saying how cute it is that we won at that level.  

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

I agree that we should be proud at winning a title no matter the level, but if we stayed in Division 2 and were winning titles every year, I would guess the people down south would be saying how cute it is that we won at that level.  

True, but I hate when people call the FCS title a JV title. That’s pure ignorance. 

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

What is the record for down votes on 1 post?  We may have a contender for the title!!

well flibbertygibbet, do I need to unignore him to downvote?   if everyone is going to quote the site's biggest douche nozzle, what is the point of ignoring him?  

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

Anybody here know if we are playing the Purple Cows in Mankato next season?  I'm assuming we signed a home and home deal with them.  Just want to make sure for a friend. :)

Yes we are. It’s on Brad’s blog for confirmed non conference games for next season. 

1 hour ago, hockey1 said:

Does anybody know if you can watch a replay of games on NCHCTV. Example if a UND game is over at 10:00pm will I be able to watch it at 11:00pm. 

Not sure how fast the games get put up, but yes, you can watch complete and condensed game replays on NCHC.TV

8 hours ago, snova4 said:

While I cheer for football to win that title as well, in the grand scheme of things, it is the JV title of college football. No FCS champion is going to be knocking on the door to face the FBS champion, and no fan in their right mind would say that it would be a competitive game. Therefore, FCS=JV College Football. 

Now that's some serious SU troll bait. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 11:07 PM, snova4 said:

While I cheer for football to win that title as well, in the grand scheme of things, it is the JV title of college football. No FCS champion is going to be knocking on the door to face the FBS champion, and no fan in their right mind would say that it would be a competitive game. Therefore, FCS=JV College Football. 

Hey, this is a hockey thread!!!

And NDSU would hang with Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, just to name a few.  Just ask their fans.  NDSU buddy of mine claimed the other day they're better than 3/4 of the Big Ten. :lol:

It is an unpopular opinion, but I feel the same way you do. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, darell1976 said:

The difference is, UND fans for the most part realize and accept the fact that in football we are playing for 131st place at the end of the day.

16 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Just went to that site for a look and they have 6 hockey games listed (some women's) for October 12th but not ours.

It's on there, do a search if it's not on the homepage.

Looks like their subscription options are only monthly and yearly so probably not worth paying it for one game.  Bad call by the WCHA to use this new host.