SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota 2018-19 Season

Frozen4sioux

I’m on the assumption that Gersich and Wolanin are gone.  Zero idea what kind of guy Nick Jones is, but with how he played this year he or Poolman would be my choice to captain the squad.

I’m glad I won’t have to watch Olson on the power play any more......thank God....

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I’m on the assumption that Gersich and Wolanin are gone.  Zero idea what kind of guy Nick Jones is, but with how he played this year he or Poolman would be my choice to captain the squad.

I’m glad I won’t have to watch Olson on the power play any more......thank God....

Jones captained his junior team and Gabe Bast said “he’s the best captain he ever had...” 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Jones captained his junior team and Gabe Bast said “he’s the best captain he ever had...” 

Yup......Go the addition by subtraction route with some guys to boot and at least the locker room is vastly improved. That's a step in the right direction.

16 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Berry has another year like this season, 2018-19 should be his last.

I'm not one who is quick to jump on coaches as I've coached plenty at plenty of levels and know some of the difficulties you have to navigate at times but I completely agree. I thought the people that thought Hak should feel the heat were crazy. He always had his teams in the postseason and that is all you can ask. Even if he didn't ever reach the end goal you could see his teams always improve throughout the year and never really underachieve except maybe in the frozen 4. I felt that this group definitely underachieved this year and their are definitely expectations around here that need to be met. Hopefully Berry can adjust some things that might need adjusting and we are right back in the tournament next year but if we are in the same spot we are right now next year there will definitely at least be plenty of heat on Berry.

In the same school year, how can our two most popular sports teams have locker room divide / poor culture, and yet, both have injury problems. Berry could not consecutively get our lines matched up through out this season?

Could there be a correlation between stress, divide, poor culture, not getting good sleep, losing focus, and etc, and making players more injury prone?

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

He should stay because I think he has a huge opportunity to be a leading offensive player next year, especially if, as we predict, certain players leave. I’d put him in the top 6. 

Agree.........but how many times can a kid get Johnsoned and not rethink things?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

He should stay because I think he has a huge opportunity to be a leading offensive player next year, especially if, as we predict, certain players leave. I’d put him in the top 6. 

I agree......but don't underestimate the slap in the face effect of him often sitting while guys like Olson were logging PP time.