SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

Just now, cowboys5xsbs said:

IDK why everyone thinks the big sky is such a great conference.  The MVFC is a better football conference and the summit is a better basketball conference.  Does anything else even matter?

Just a "sweet lemon" rationalization. The Big Sky was UND's conference, so it had to be the better conference. Evidence be damned.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gothmog said:

Just a "sweet lemon" rationalization. The Big Sky was UND's conference, so it had to be the better conference. Evidence be damned.

They both have their advantages and disadvantages. Pretending otherwise is just as dumb as what you are mocking.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SooToo said:

Ugh. Trading in a high-profile, stable conference for one from operates like a revolving door.  Serious lack of vision in this move. The fact that 50% of the posts here focus  on a  single regional school reflects the obsession far too many fans -- and apparently some coaches and administrators --have with the AC, a school/team that would leave this conference in a heartbeat if it had the opportunity. Hard for me to see the great benefit in being part of a basketball tournament that essentially gives home-court advantage to the same two teams year after year. And nothing like travel to scenic Rust Belt cities like Youngstown.

I'm not obsessed with NDSU. This conference will bring more fans to the game. Not just NDSU but USD, SDSU and Northern Iowa will have fans at the alerus. Montana is the only team currently who brings more than just parents. It's also great for the students, remember the days of stealing the nickel or the mascots head? Does anybody think that wanting to play Minnesota in hockey means your obsessed with the gophers? Fact is the old WCHA was better than the NCHC and the old NCC was better than anything we've had since. This is a great move and long overdue.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, TRex said:

This shouldn't have to happen.   We belong in the Sky and I want to puke at the thought of playing in the Mo valley FC or the Summit.

We belong in a conference(s) that will save UND money and increase revenue and attendance, amond many other things.  the Summit/MVFC does that better than the Big Sky.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

I totally see where you are coming from but I will believe this when I see a solid UND contingent at away games other than NDSU. 

Also, as I said above I am having a selfish reaction because it is nice to have UND Football play every other year within a 2 hour drive. In the end UND will be just fine.

No reason that UND wont play the Bears as a frequent nonconference game.  Same possibility with the Montana schools. 

If you are in Vermillion and looking for something to do check out the National Music Museum and/or the Missouri River National Waterway. Kayaks can be rented locally. Or get online and complain about the place...your choice.