SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to Summit/MVFC

UND92,96

57 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

The butthurt is strong on AGS...if you are looking for a funny read go there now!

It's a riot over there. USD fans are glad we are joining, usual response from Bison and Jacks fans, but Clenz from UNI is a total head case. I wonder if he still has flashbacks from UND's piss pounding of UNI in 2006 in their UNI Dome.

• Upvote 4

whose to say that siouxvolley's theory is dead?

western illinois closes shop

uipoey and uipoffoy go east somewhere in the next round of expansion or contraction

top four from big sky and top four from mvfc plus denver and omaha form a conference...the wac/bsc leftovers merge

so ..

und/ndac

usd/sdsu

um/msu

idaho/ewu

omaha/denver

ncc. 2.3? or wac fbs...?

5 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

It's a riot over there. USD fans are glad we are joining, usual response from Bison and Jacks fans, but Clenz from UNI is a total head case. I wonder if he still has flashbacks from UND's piss pounding of UNI in 2006 in their UNI Dome.

He's pissed because it's going to result in the eastern schools getting "easy" schedules while UNI will not have that benefit. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

He's pissed because it's going to result in the eastern schools getting "easy" schedules while UNI will not have that benefit. 

Its not like UNI has a lot of hardware before and after the Dakota schools moved in. They have played in one National title game (lost) then the next season lose to DII UND. UNI will just have to play better football, oh and win in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, darell1976 said:

Its not like UNI has a lot of hardware before and after the Dakota schools moved in. They have played in one National title game (lost) then the next season lose to DII UND. UNI will just have to play better football, oh and win in the playoffs.

Yeah you aren't understanding what he's getting at then. 

I'm really surprised the Indiana schools (IPFW and IUPUI) went for this ... or did they, meaning, school presidents vote on admitting new members and they weren't happy about adding "western" (NDSU, SDSU) schools the last time around. Did the Indianas get out-voted by the western contingent? 

The current Summit: WIU, USD, SDSU, ORU, Omaha, NDSU, IPFW, IUPUI, Denver. 

Same question for the MFVC: The eastern members weren't happy about adding western (NDSU, SDSU) schools the last time around. 

The current MVFC: 
Illinois State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Southern Illinois, Youngstown State, Western Illinois
NDSU, SDSU, USD, Northern Iowa

UNI will be looking at a lot of trips to the I-29 corridor where Youngstown won't be looking at as many is my best guess. That may raise a Panther's ire. 

1 hour ago, Tangolou said:

I'm not obsessed with NDSU. This conference will bring more fans to the game. Not just NDSU but USD, SDSU and Northern Iowa will have fans at the alerus. Montana is the only team currently who brings more than just parents. It's also great for the students, remember the days of stealing the nickel or the mascots head? Does anybody think that wanting to play Minnesota in hockey means your obsessed with the gophers? Fact is the old WCHA was better than the NCHC and the old NCC was better than anything we've had since. This is a great move and long overdue.

Amen

18 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Yeah you aren't understanding what he's getting at then. 

He's mad the eastern teams will have an easier road to the playoffs while the western teams will beat each other up. We have seen that in the NCC where only one or two teams from the conference made the playoffs. Like I said play better football and win in the playoffs. So nice they see us as a tough team and a threat. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

NDSU.................

< UND-FB-FAN's balloon pops > ;)

Brookings and Vermillion are yet more doable in terms of travel than anything the Big Sky Conference has to offer. Also, UNI ain't all that bad.

Most of these anti-MVFC/Summit comments appear to be coming from those who have forced themselves to disregard the 100+ year UND-NDSU intraconference rivalry, regardless of the history and residual interest. 

Whether you like it or not, UND/Grand Forks will never be in the Rockies.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Herd said:

Both of which are ranked higher than und.

IUPUI is even ranked higher academically. That said, welcome Sioux fans; to both leagues. Oh, and don't count out UNC moving over with you; eventually. Rumor has it they aren't thrilled with the BSC right now.

A reminder too that the Alerus Center's highest attended game in 2016 wasn't to a Big Sky opponent, or even the playoff game. It was to South Dakota. Point is, sure there may have been more visiting fans than a Big Sky game, but that's the point. In the MVFC, travel is easier, and old rivalries are back. I'm in. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Brookings and Vermillion are yet more doable in terms of travel than anything the Big Sky Conference has to offer. Also, UNI ain't all that bad.

Most of these anti-MVFC/Summit comments appear to be coming from those who have forced themselves to disregard the 100+ year UND-NDSU intraconference rivalry, regardless of the history and residual interest. 

Whether you like it or not, UND/Grand Forks will never be in the Rockies.

........and I'll never travel to Indiana but I have been to Missoula and Bozeman.