SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

18 minutes ago, DaveK said:

When BC has a down year it means they are merely a top 10 team as opposed to a #1 team. Either way they're still great and deserve as much credit for that win yesterday as the Badgers deserve blame for the loss.

Did you just crawl out of the woodwork? I would willing to bet, based on who they lost, they're going to be a middle of the pack team in the Hockey East. Top-Five probably. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, DaveK said:

When BC has a down year it means they are merely a top 10 team as opposed to a #1 team. Either way they're still great and deserve as much credit for that win yesterday as the Badgers deserve blame for the loss.

Your great and my great are different, glad we got that cleared up 

Cheers 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Goon said:

Did you just crawl out of the woodwork? I would willing to bet, based on who they lost, they're going to be a middle of the pack team in the Hockey East. Top-Five probably. 

Given what they lost, I would agree with you.  However, they've looked ok with a W over Denver (w/ Gambrell).  Top 10 isn't out of the question.  They still have some very high end players on that team.

6 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Oh, you want to play it that way? Fair enough, I can play it that way too. There are 60 teams in D1 hockey, therefore a middle of the pack team would be roughly the 30th best. The Gophers are currently ranked #7.

Try again, better luck next time.

Weren't you going to go away once the old nickname and logo were retired? Or maybe I misunderstood you?

Simple Questions (Copyright gfhockey 2016. ALL Rights Reserved!).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Oh, you want to play it that way? Fair enough, I can play it that way too. There are 60 teams in D1 hockey, therefore a middle of the pack team would be roughly the 30th best. The Gophers are currently ranked #7.

Try again, better luck next time.

Its really still pretty early in the season, the only games the Minnesota has under its belt is one game against each of the Alaska teams and one game against the US under 18 team. Next week they play Saint Cloud, which will give us a much better idea of where the golphers are at. Then its a Road trip to Clarkson and St. Lawerance before they face off against UND.

I wasn't impressed with UND either.  We won on talent alone.  We did win though.

That said, we have a long season ahead, and we have tremendous talent. Berry will get things in order.  

By the way, our bottom 4 dmen will be very different players in 5 months.

If Louie wasn't impressed with us, he must have been disgusted with RPI given the result...

5 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Everyone should be afraid for the UND season.  Lou Nanne was on KFAN today and said he wasn't impressed with UND after seeing them in person.   Said D and goaltending weren't strong.  Of course he says the goofs will be good.  But I know he has no bias.  

Even if we ignore the fact that Nanne has some obvious bias, traditionally UND starts slower and gets better as the season goes on, Bemidji will actually be a good test for UND this week, Bitzer has been a very solid goaltender and the Beavers have are 4-0, I doubt they will still have perfect record after this weekend but the beavers have beaten UND in the past. We'll see.

41 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Everyone should be afraid for the UND season.  Lou Nanne was on KFAN today and said he wasn't impressed with UND after seeing them in person.   Said D and goaltending weren't strong.  Of course he says the goofs will be good.  But I know he has no bias.  

The fact that he's made such astute observations after viewing one of our games and 2 Gopher games astounds me. What a great snapshot. 

20 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

Even if we ignore the fact that Nanne has some obvious bias, traditionally UND starts slower and gets better as the season goes on, Bemidji will actually be a good test for UND this week, Bitzer has been a very solid goaltender and the Beavers have are 4-0, I doubt they will still have perfect record after this weekend but the beavers have beaten UND in the past. We'll see.

Prior to the season there was an interview with Hennessy and he thought for having a young team, it's good that the schedule kind of builds its way up in terms of difficulty. Canisius to RPI to BSU is a step up each week IMO. 

8 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Louie seemed really butt hurt over the fact that Boeser wasn't playing for Gofer U.  Local kid goes to rival school and is All-American as a freshman, wins national title, etc.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, DaveK said:

Who has more credibility : Lou Nanne or a bunch of random North Dakota fans on a message board?

This should be posted on the front page of the website. Should be interesting to evaluate this statement later in the season. We can then decide where the credibility should go!

• Upvote 1