SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

The problem the gopher have that I remember from last year watching them in the North Star cup, the team didn't do any of the basic little things, go and fight in the corners, block shots, finish checks. I didn't see the game tonight against St. Cloud,  Did the goofs look like they were starting to do those things?

4 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

If you want to have some fun go and read the UM game thread at gopherpucklive.   Start when they were ahead early.

"Wowwy, wow wow wow. Where has this team been? This team has skills never displayed before. I almost can't believe the difference.

and watch it do down hill from there.   

"Pride on ice my arse."

"That being said, I blame myself for tonight. I blame myself for being optimistic. I blame myself for having a bit of swagger coming into tonight but most of all, i blame BSU for pissing away a 2 goal lead to UND to make this the worst effen night of the young hockey season."

Fun stuff

They said the new locker room made the team soft.

12 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

If you want to have some fun go and read the UM game thread at gopherpucklive.   Start when they were ahead early.

"Wowwy, wow wow wow. Where has this team been? This team has skills never displayed before. I almost can't believe the difference.

and watch it do down hill from there.   

"Pride on ice my arse."

"That being said, I blame myself for tonight. I blame myself for being optimistic. I blame myself for having a bit of swagger coming into tonight but most of all, i blame BSU for pissing away a 2 goal lead to UND to make this the worst effen night of the young hockey season."

Fun stuff

It just goes to show how fast your night can change from bad to good. It wasn't looking good for a while there, and the gophers were winning, but it turned out all right in the end.  Seasons can be the same way, so things can change in a hurry with injuries and such. 

The Goofers are going to just have to realize they are just an average program.  Recruiting has been suspect lately and their coaching is awful.  Does anyone know if the new locker room in Maryucci is pink?  Its fun knowing that every single Goofer fan, deep down, wishes it had our program!

And their Jan Brady chants?  Do the Goofers realize they are 1-14 over the last 15 games against in state opponents?  They ARE Jan Brady.

Lou Nanne has a hard time taking his maroon colored glasses off.  

The guys over on GPL spend a lot of time monitoring this site--I guess I can't blame them.....

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Hockeynerd88 said:

The Goofers are going to just have to realize they are just an average program.  Recruiting has been suspect lately and their coaching is awful.  Does anyone know if the new locker room in Maryucci is pink?  Its fun knowing that every single Goofer fan, deep down, wishes it had our program!

And their Jan Brady chants?  Do the Goofers realize they are 1-14 over the last 15 games against in state opponents?  They ARE Jan Brady.

Lou Nanne has a hard time taking his maroon colored glasses off.  

The guys over on GPL spend a lot of time monitoring this site--I guess I can't blame them.....

I wouldn't exactly call the Gopher program "average".  You can say that they are an average team this year or have been pretty average over the past 5, but the program is pretty far from "average"- last time I checked they had 5 Natty's in their rafters and a bunch of NHL alumni.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hockeynerd88 said:

The Goofers are going to just have to realize they are just an average program.  Its fun knowing that every single Goofer fan, deep down, wishes it had our program!

Amazing what 1 NCAA title in 16 seasons does to some of our fans...

• Upvote 1

Im disappointed, I trolled GPL this morning on the UofM/SCSU page, hoping and expecting to see some witty comments from MafiaMan and found nothing! What's up, MafiaMan, are you just not wanting to "poke the bear" prior to our series down there in Minneapolis???

56 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Im disappointed, I trolled GPL this morning on the UofM/SCSU page, hoping and expecting to see some witty comments from MafiaMan and found nothing! What's up, MafiaMan, are you just not wanting to "poke the bear" prior to our series down there in Minneapolis???

He's mellowing a bit.  Besides, he likes a bit more challenge than what is on GPL late last night and today.  I am an SCSU fan (excuse me while I swallow some puke) for tonight.  MSU handled SCSU last weekend, and if SCSU can win tonight, the Gopher pride may not recover this season.

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I tend to stay out of the game-day threads over there as no matter what I say, I'll be perceived as a troll.  Plus, I don't tend to get too riled up over mid-October games. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Siouxman said:

He's mellowing a bit.  Besides, he likes a bit more challenge than what is on GPL late last night and today.  I am an SCSU fan (excuse me while I swallow some puke) for tonight.  MSU handled SCSU last weekend, and if SCSU can win tonight, the Gopher pride may not recover this season.

I think he's a closet Gopher fan. :) JK.