SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

6 minutes ago, tnt said:

Point I am trying to make is that it is far too early to know what teams do, or do not have.  UND has looked good, but against teams picked to finish low in their league. 

UND has two solid lines with everyone healthy and will have quite the 3rd line as well. College hockey as a whole lost a lot of players to the pros, however, UND has it better than most on paper. I know it's only October and it's early. I'm just stating what I've seen from all of UND's games this year. 

8 minutes ago, tnt said:

Point I am trying to make is that it is far too early to know what teams do, or do not have.  UND has looked good, but against teams picked to finish low in their league. 

BC-Wisco game is over. Show me 1 game this year where UND gives up 8 goals? Wisco is okay on offense and terrible on defense. They are average! 

5 minutes ago, DaveK said:

BC does not play in the NCHC, therefore under no circumstances can you give them any credit. Have to take potshots at the Badgers instead. I see how it works.

Dave, go back to gopher land where you came from. Wisconsin's defense is god awful, over skating the puck in their end giving up odd man rushes. Unless you saw a totally different game Wisconsin need to fix their defense, and that is also coming from their fan base too. Wisconsin is better this year offensively then they were last year, if they play defense they could finish I the top two in the B1G.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

BC-Wisco game is over. Show me 1 game this year where UND gives up 8 goals? Wisco is okay on offense and terrible on defense. They are average! 

I don't know what Wisconsin will end up like this year with their new coaching staff,  but to say BC is average at this point is a bit premature, especially since BC is the team that many UND fans hold as the standard of "why can't we be like BC, they are always winning". We will get a chance to see how average they are when we play them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

UND has two solid lines with everyone healthy and will have quite the 3rd line as well. College hockey as a whole lost a lot of players to the pros, however, UND has it better than most on paper. I know it's only October and it's early. I'm just stating what I've seen from all of UND's games this year. 

I think we all know what you meant. IMO ....it wouldn't hurt some on here to take a look through "green glasses" or take a gulp of the" koolaid".

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

You know you recruit quality hockey players when they leave school early to go play professional football!  :lol:

Yeah, watching football and talking hockey causes confusion.  Was wondering why Green Bay wasn't whistled for checking from behind!

Not sure where this belongs but:

UND defending national hockey title 

HE doing poorly

Gophs bad

UND streaking football

MVFC doing (relatively) poorly

FU fresh off a loss

Vikings legitimately good

best six months in sports this century ?

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, DaveK said:

Some of you guys here with your NCHC bias are almost as ridiculous as the Bison zealots are with their MVFC bias. Wisconsin's defense is in need of improvement, no question about it. But you're just focusing on that and that alone, you refuse to acknowledge the fact that BC is a great team with incredible talent that could beat literally every team in the nation. I don't even like BC but I give credit where credit is due.

BC, by their own fans' admission, are having a down year talent wise. They lost the most players to early signing in all of college hockey.

They lost a Mike Richter award winning goalie in Thatcher Demko. They lost Miles Wood, Alex Tuch, Adam Gilmour, Ian McCoshen, and Zach Sanford.

That's a ton of talent and point production to replace and it's shown in their early season losses to Air Force and Wisconsin who, despite showing promise, still lacks defense and a solid goaltender.

BC has a great program, but the team this year can't be classified as great, not at this point at least.

• Upvote 1