SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

3 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

Elaborate? I get DU will be good this year, but that team lost their 2 best forwards. The good guys (us) we lost some great defenseman and that is our weakest leak, but'll this team can score a lot of goals to make up for giving up a couple goals a game.

Please enlighten me. 

I think UND and Denver finish 1-2.  Losing players like Drake, LaDue, Stecher, Schmaltz, and Luke Johnson will cause some growing pains for our team.  The Gambrell injury hurts Denver a lot.  Maybe I'm wrong.....make that, I hope I'm wrong. :D

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I take issue with the comment about not liking DU because of Gwoz. Montgomery is one of the classiest guys in NCAA hockey so my thoughts about Gwoz are no reflection of Monte but there are so many reasons why college hockey would be better off with the Gwoz back in it. This topic has been hashed and re-hashed long ago but the classy manner in which Gwoz handled the royal screwing he got from the AD and chancellor, his level of success in bringing the DU program back to national prominence, and the classy things he has always had to say about UND, are but a few of the many reasons to respect and like George. The Gwoz was once quoted as saying during the nickname controversy, "They will always be the Fighting Sioux to me." 

I agree, Gwoz got screwed.  Would college hockey be better with him?  ABSOLUTELY!  

Does it make it easier to cheer for Denver now that he isn't coaching them?  For me the answer is yes.  Great coach, don't get me wrong, but some of his actions that made their way to YouTube still rub me the wrong way.  Just my opinion.  

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I agree, Gwoz got screwed.  Would college hockey be better with him?  ABSOLUTELY!  

Does it make it easier to cheer for Denver now that he isn't coaching them?  For me the answer is yes.  Great coach, don't get me wrong, but some of his actions that made their way to YouTube still rub me the wrong way.  Just my opinion.  

I hear you. He was a very intense coach. There is a common misperception that the time he walked out on the ice at the Ralph was because he wanted to argue some more with the officials. Gwoz went on to admit in an interview that the reason he walked out on the ice was because he got confused. At Magness, DU has to go across the ice to get to their locker room and according to Gwoz, he realized the folly of his confusion when he got about two-thirds of the way across the ice and was so embarrassed, he simply tried selling it as if he meant to do it. Plus, if he really intended to do what he did, he wouldn't have approached a linesmen, he would've went up to a Referee. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I hear you. He was a very intense coach. There is a common misperception that the time he walked out on the ice at the Ralph was because he wanted to argue some more with the officials. Gwoz went on to admit in an interview that the reason he walked out on the ice was because he got confused. At Magness, DU has to go across the ice to get to their locker room and according to Gwoz, he realized the folly of his confusion when he got about two-thirds of the way across the ice and was so embarrassed, he simply tried selling it as if he meant to do it. Plus, if he really intended to do what he did, he wouldn't have approached a linesmen, he would've went up to a Referee. Watch the video and you'll see what I mean. 

Yes, but in the video,....you also see Carton (and Carton admits to this) tell Gwoz to go back across the ice three times.  Gwoz did it because he got confused to start with, but continued because he wanted everyone's attention. Gwoz was a great coach and he got screwed by DU, but he also knew exactly how to get the ref's attention and he LOVED getting under Anderson's skin.

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I call bull$%!#.    

Denver is for real this year.  BU will only get better as the season progresses, but hopefully this will lessen the East Coast media giving them the title already.  ;)

WMU helping the NCHC with another win, moving to 3-0-1.
SCSU gets swept and is now 0-2 to start the season.
Duluth and CC both lose OOC.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Denver is for real this year.  BU will only get better as the season progresses, but hopefully this will lessen the East Coast media giving them the title already.  ;)

Call me stupid (many will, rightfully so), but I think Denver wins the league.  

10 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Denver is for real this weekend.  BU will only get better as the season progresses, but hopefully this will lessen the East Coast media giving them the title already.  ;)

FYP:D

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

How so???

Simply don't believe his "I didn't know where the locker rooms were."   On his 12th game at the Ralph?

What really happened is his team was getting crushed, and to give them any chance at all, he wanted to intimidate the refs.    (The intimidation worked.)

2 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Simply don't believe his "I didn't know where the locker rooms were."   On his 12th game at the Ralph?

What really happened is his team was getting crushed, and to give them any chance at all, he wanted to intimidate the refs.    (The intimidation worked.)

What's next? You're going to tell me you don't believe Bill Clinton when he said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky"!

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, burd said:

Nos. 2 - 7 all lose at least once this weekend.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes the young phenoms at BU to gel.  

It will also be interesting to see how our younguns handle UMD in their rink in two weeks

I wouldn't look past Ber-midji next weekend....the Beavs have been pretty good so far.

• Upvote 1