SiouxSports.com Forum

2016-2017 College Hockey (Non UND Hockey)

cberkas

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am getting sick and tired of hearing about BU and their "diaper dandies" (Copyright Dick Vitale). We are the reigning, defending NCAA National Champions and if the Terriers want to take that title from us, they will have to earn it. And so far, they haven't done that. Let's see where these teams are at in February or March before we start awarding titles to teams.

Time to relax.  Its a new season.  While UND is the reigning champ, it isn't about last year, it is about this year.  The media was all agog about of couple of other eastern teams last year (Northwestern and Quinnipiac) and we know how that turned out.  The bigger the hype, the greater the fall, if they fail to win it all (that kind of rhymes, maybe I should copyright it) .  Championships are won on the ice, not in the media.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Siouxman said:

Time to relax.  Its a new season.  While UND is the reigning champ, it isn't about last year, it is about this year.  The media was all agog about of couple of other eastern teams last year (Northwestern and Quinnipiac) and we know how that turned out.  The bigger the hype, the greater the fall, if they fail to win it all (that kind of rhymes, maybe I should copyright it) .  Championships are won on the ice, not in the media.

I think you meant Northeastern (otherwise, the B1G would have seven teams instead of six!). Otherwise, you are correct. I just had to vent a little. If Boston College had won it all last year, they would get all the love that a defending champ should get. But if we do it.......gotta talk about someone else instead. But maybe that is what we need to motivate the boys to do it again.

39 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think you meant Northeastern (otherwise, the B1G would have seven teams instead of six!). Otherwise, you are correct. I just had to vent a little. If Boston College had won it all last year, they would get all the love that a defending champ should get. But if we do it.......gotta talk about someone else instead. But maybe that is what we need to motivate the boys to do it again.

Oops, yes I meant Northeastern.  The eastern media is what it is.  There are more important things in life than eastern media hype.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If we brought in all those kids, the East Coast media would pretend like it didn't matter. They like to suck up to Hockey Least.

Typically this is always spot on, but if we had that many high draft picks, there would be no doubt that we'd be talked about.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Who cares?? Do we really need to play the Napoleon game, here? We're on top of the mountain and everyone is chasing us. Makes no difference what others say.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, southpaw said:

Shameless plug here but I highly recommend checking out the new NCHC Video Series "Stump the Coach."

At media day, each coach was brought into a room and asked six questions based on how their player would respond.  Then the player comes in and reveals his answers with the coach right there.  Think something like the newly-wed game.

CC is up first and having seen all of the videos, I think it's really gives a good look at the relationships some of these coaches and their players have.  I love that CC is able to laugh at themselves about their lack of success recently.  There will be a new one each week, alphabetically by team so DU is up next week.

There is also going to be a discussion of the Ralph in nearly every episode of this as one of the questions tends to get the same answer :)

Here is CC's: http://www.nchc.tv/nchc/video/nchc-stump-the-coach-game-show---colorado-college-10-12-16

That was fun stuff. Good to see Haviland having that fun rapport with his player. Also, I love that all of these teams are gonna say the Ralph is the toughest place to play :)

The fact that Baxter Arena lost $1.5 million in its first year. And that Blais lost his radio show this year.

Huh-who-wha? :huh:

Their brand new shiny hockey barn LOST $1.5 million in the inaugural season? :blink:

Makes a $1.4 million problem in the total UND Athletics budget smart a little (not a lot, a little) less. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Huh-who-wha? :huh:

Their brand new shiny hockey barn LOST $1.5 million in the inaugural season? :blink:

Makes a $1.4 million problem in the total UND Athletics budget smart a little (not a lot, a little) less. 

So all of us UND fans that attend the series in Omaha every year are helping out their budget.  Imagine where they would be if we didn't show up!  And that isn't even counting the bar tabs in the nearby facilities.

We have attended every series in Omaha.  Great times at the Sioux gathering before the game and at DJs Dugout after the game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Who cares?? Do we really need to play the Napoleon game, here? We're on top of the mountain and everyone is chasing us. Makes no difference what others say.

Sounds good to me. Honestly, who really cares what the media outside of our region think? Some of them can't see past Michigan. These were the same pundits that were fawning all over QU, all season long. In the end, UND demolished their beloved team. 

I also loved that after UND had demolished Northeastern, the UND players made their feelings know that they were tired of hearing about how great the Huskies. Something along the lines of we won something like 30 games and were pretty good, too. 

16 minutes ago, Goon said:

Sounds good to me. Honestly, who really cares what the media outside of our region think? Some of them can't see past Michigan. These were the same pundits that were fawning all over QU, all season long. In the end, UND demolished their beloved team. 

I also loved that after UND had demolished Northeastern, the UND players made their feelings know that they were tired of hearing about how great the Huskies. Something along the lines of we won something like 30 games and were pretty good, too. 

BU absolutely deserves to be heralded with that class. It's not a joke. However, I'm all done with whining about people not covering my team when it happens. Vikes fans did it early in the season saying they weren't "getting any respect". All that really matters is the 0 on the back end of the record. And in our instance, all that really matters is the 8th banner hanging in our rafters.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am getting sick and tired of hearing about BU and their "diaper dandies" (Copyright Dick Vitale). We are the reigning, defending NCAA National Champions and if the Terriers want to take that title from us, they will have to earn it. And so far, they haven't done that. Let's see where these teams are at in February or March before we start awarding titles to teams.

Last year's performance by any team is not an indicator of how that team will perform this year.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

BU absolutely deserves to be heralded with that class. It's not a joke. However, I'm all done with whining about people not covering my team when it happens. Vikes fans did it early in the season saying they weren't "getting any respect". All that really matters is the 0 on the back end of the record. And in our instance, all that really matters is the 8th banner hanging in our rafters.

Yep, I think that BU is a good hockey team, but I don't think we hand them the crown just yet. I am also not convinced that UND is the number one team either. It's really early and it should be a good season. I predict that the Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl this year. Mark it down. :) 

I might add, that it's huge that UND has the West Regional in Fargo this year. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Goon said:

Yep, I think that BU is a good hockey team, but I don't think we hand them the crown just yet. I am also not convinced that UND is the number one team either. It's really early and it should be a good season. I predict that the Vikes are going to win the Super Bowl this year. Mark it down. :) 

Denny-Green.png

If you wanna crown 'em, Goon, then crown their a**!*

*RIP, Denny.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I actually agree with you; I was just venting. I am now done venting. I am surprised people took it that seriously. Lighten up folks.

I like being able to sneak up on other teams. I actually wish the Vikings were not getting the love they are getting from ESPN; all that does is put a big fat target on your back. And not being respected is just more fuel for the gas tank, not that this team needs it.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Goon said:

Care to wager? haha.

4 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I actually agree with you; I was just venting. I am now done venting. I am surprised people took it that seriously. Lighten up folks.

I like being able to sneak up on other teams. I actually wish the Vikings were not getting the love they are getting from ESPN; all that does is put a big fat target on your back. And not being respected is just more fuel for the gas tank, not that this team needs it.

I wasn't taking it harshly, it's a common thing that happens around here, unfortunately. We are from the MW and a small area and, for some reason, that provokes a little man's complex that I disdain. Playing at UND and being at the top of the college game, we never need any fuel. Our goal is always the same, year in and year out.

• Upvote 1