SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

5 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Shoot, now I need to go get a trademark. :) Just remember where you heard it first, when the The Money Line is tearing it up on their way to hanging #9.

Except for the Money Line was already taken...and by a UND line at that.  Bochenski (Bucks)/Parise/Murray was the Money Line a few years ago.  Due to two reasons...one, they were money when it came to scoring goals...and two, because of Bochenski's issue of producing counterfeit $ a year or two before he arrived at UND.  :)

• Upvote 1

On 3/24/2016 at 10:53 PM, MafiaMan said:

Channel 4 sports guy last night said it would only get better if North Dakota was invited to join the B10.  Pretty amazing to here a Twin Cities media figure say that on-air.

Dave Schwarz said on Saturday night on KARE11 "North Dakota wins the NCAA National Championship and Gopher fans collectively groan". 

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Except for the Money Line was already taken...and by a UND line at that.  Bochenski (Bucks)/Parise/Murray was the Money Line a few years ago.  Due to two reasons...one, they were money when it came to scoring goals...and two, because of Bochenski's issue of producing counterfeit $ a year or two before he arrived at UND.  :)

Didn't even realize they were called that, or I just don't remember. Definitely never heard about the bochenski counterfeit thing.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Heinen signs with Boston.

Yes.... :)

I'm glad we don't have to play against him, but I'm all for retaining top end talent in the league. Even when Bjugstad stayed that extra year for the goofs. Good for the sport to keep those players.

That said, Heinen should do well at the next level.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

I'm glad we don't have to play against him, but I'm all for retaining top end talent in the league. Even when Bjugstad stayed that extra year for the goofs. Good for the sport to keep those players.

That said, Heinen should do well at the next level.

I feel ya, but I just wanna win and this helps haha.

36 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I feel ya, but I just wanna win and this helps haha.

Not going to argue with that, you are absolutely right. That as well as Kaskisuo and Lindgren leaving ... we're already going to look pretty good for next season; if we can retain another few guys we'll be looking REALLY GOOD!!!

Don't get me wrong, Sioux winning is my #1 priority, but I also like seeing guys stay. More so the guys that aren't ready to leave, but anything to make college hockey an elite path to the NHL. Thats how the league will continue to get high end talent.

Is it October yet?

• Upvote 3

Bummer, sounds like Stecher will be gone by the end of the week. Leaning towards going pro, but will make a decision on Wed. (Per tweets from Schloss and Phil Neumann) That's too bad. Best of luck to the guy! Maybe a last second change of heart??? haha

19 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Bummer, sounds like Stecher will be gone by the end of the week. Leaning towards going pro, but will make a decision on Wed. (Per tweets from Schloss and Phil Neumann) That's too bad. Best of luck to the guy! Maybe a last second change of heart??? haha

nope he's gone. What a great player and great kid. Hopefully he sticks in the show. Hopefully he signs with Chicago :)

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

The Bubs-Stech celebratory hug was a pretty strong tell.  He hugged the seniors, Stech, and LaDue a little extra...

You hate to see guys leave early, especially those like Stecher who have such fine character.  All departures hurt, but the more players we develop well enough to get offers before they graduate the more cred our program gets with recruits who are serious about picking a college that can develop them for the NHL.  Long term benefit from a short term loss. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Think he would actually get any NHL time in the playoffs this year? Regardless of team?

Supposedly the Canucks were offering Stecher if we lost on Thursday the opportunity to suit up for them Saturday burning a year of his contract.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Didn't even realize they were called that, or I just don't remember. Definitely never heard about the bochenski counterfeit thing.

I seem to recall Bochenski was originally set to go to Minnesota but lost his scholarship after he got in trouble. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's my recollection.

8 minutes ago, burd said:

You hate to see guys leave early, especially those like Stecher who have such fine character.  All departures hurt, but the more players we develop well enough to get offers before they graduate the more cred our program gets with recruits who are serious about picking a college that can develop them for the NHL.  Long term benefit from a short term loss. 

Agree.  Each has to look at their situation and in alot if not all cases make difficult decisions.  Hopefully one they don't regret later.  Stecher has improved markedly in his 3 yrs and he has been a pleasure to watch.  

• Upvote 2