Schmaltz with Jost and Boeser

Johnson with Pogo and Gardner

Simo with Olson and 

Gersich with Wilkie and JJ

Poolman with Ausmus

Wolanin with Thompson

Shaw with

Any ideas on who will fill it in???

Isn't Tuckers little brother named Coltyn? I can't remember but I've heard he's almost as good as Tucker, possibly better so we'll have him at D. Maybe those 2 will have a lot of chemistry together, or maybe just keep the 2 veterans together, Tucker and Gage 

9 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

You mean a first rounder who back checks as hard as somebody who is playing for their job every night?

Or a first rounder who lays out on the blue line to just barely hold the zone to keep the offensive pressure alive?  (I can't remember what game this happened but I was blown away when I saw Boeser do this.)

Those are the kinds of guys you want playing for you team.  And those are the guys I'm so happy to watch play every week. 

I remember that play, for a freshman to have the smarts to do that is just awesome. It was a simple little play but it does so much. I don't remember seeing a player do that before

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Was there any doubt about him lol

15 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Would it be x-rated to call them "The Money Shot"? :)

Every time they got on the ice we could say they're cumming

sorry mods- I never do this...that was x-rated...

13 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

You mean a first rounder who back checks as hard as somebody who is playing for their job every night?

Or a first rounder who lays out on the blue line to just barely hold the zone to keep the offensive pressure alive?  (I can't remember what game this happened but I was blown away when I saw Boeser do this.)

Those are the kinds of guys you want playing for you team.  And those are the guys I'm so happy to watch play every week. 

I saw Boeser do this in Vermont. UND was on a power play and Boeser was on the point and dove to stop a clearing attempt, collected the puck and fed (I believe) Schmaltz for a goal. The Vermont fans were in awe.

8 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Stecher may as well say he's gone and will sign on Wednesday instead of making a decision on that day. I can't handle it. :(

I saw him on WDAZ News @ 10 saying he is leaning towards signing a contract. He also said "This is a business and I hope the fans understand that". I don't think Mr. Stecher really knows just how much of a business the NHL is. And he won't until he signs a contract with someone. Once you sign that piece of paper, you become just another piece of meat to be used however they want to use you. That is probably why almost every player that leaves early wishes that they hadn't left early.

Because all the NHL seems to care about is how big you are (or aren't), Stecher could very well get buried in the AHL for years, getting passed over for bigger, taller defensemen. I really hope he does his homework on the teams that pursue him so he doesn't get stuck in an organization that doesn't give him a fair shot at making the big league.

Having said all that, I thank him for his contributions to this team and program and I wish him all the best.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Emerald joker said:

Isn't Tuckers little brother named Coltyn? I can't remember but I've heard he's almost as good as Tucker, possibly better so we'll have him at D. Maybe those 2 will have a lot of chemistry together, or maybe just keep the 2 veterans together, Tucker and Gage 

I know Bast was hurt for an extended period of time, but I believe he was expected to come in this fall too.  Does anybody know anything on Chartrand?  

1 minute ago, Benny Baker said:

This is the right response.  After winning a natty as an all-american, he has nothing more to prove nor nothing left to earn in his senior year if he has the rookie max offer on the table.  If that offer is not there, he'll have to decide what's best for him.  Either way, I trust the fans understand, and I hope I speak on behalf of everyone, that we were privileged to have him play at UND.

One of the advantages of being an undrafted free agent is that you can negotiate with any team you want, thus giving you more leverage in those negotiations. If Stecher gets low-balled by a team, he can just tell them where to stick it and then go talk to another team or teams.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:55 AM, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Kristo probably should have left after his junior year. He had nothing left to prove and wasn't gonna win the Hobey because of his reputation. But had he left the team likely wouldn't have made the tournament that year.  Still can't believe he hasn't gotten his cup of coffee at the show.

You make a spot on point I think.  Believe you could say the same about Jason Gregoire.  Yah, Kristo's situation baffles my mind too.  I gotta think he's as good as Brock Nelson but, then again, I'm no great hockey mind.  Perhaps like baseball it's a matter of what team, what you're making/drafter at and when that affects where you're at/end up.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

The backchecking which we talked about much of the year and which Berry talked about in the NC postgame is a big deal in so many ways.   In addition to the culture that builds when first rounders buy into it are the immediate, on-ice effects.  How many goals resulted directly from backchecking?  How many odd man rush goals did we give up compared to years prior (and we know Hak stressed defensive responsibility for his forwards too)?  How much puck possession time did we gain through successful backchecking?  Schmaltz really matured this year, and his backchecking skills stood out as much as anything.  We've got us a bunch of pick-pockets.  It's just criminal.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Stecher may as well say he's gone and will sign on Wednesday instead of making a decision on that day. I can't handle it. :(

I would  be so sad to see Stecher leave. He is the poster boy for what this team represents- hard work, bleeds green, team first mentality. He has provided so many amazing moments. Whatever he decides to do, I wish him the best! 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

Not even close (at the same point in their careers).  Tucker was shredding the USHL (USA junior A player of the year) at the same age.  C. Poolman is a prototypical stay at home dman.  Solid and pretty athletic.

9 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I saw him on WDAZ News @ 10 saying he is leaning towards signing a contract. He also said "This is a business and I hope the fans understand that". I don't think Mr. Stecher really knows just how much of a business the NHL is. And he won't until he signs a contract with someone. Once you sign that piece of paper, you become just another piece of meat to be used however they want to use you. That is probably why almost every player that leaves early wishes that they hadn't left early.

Because all the NHL seems to care about is how big you are (or aren't), Stecher could very well get buried in the AHL for years, getting passed over for bigger, taller defensemen. I really hope he does his homework on the teams that pursue him so he doesn't get stuck in an organization that doesn't give him a fair shot at making the big league.

Having said all that, I thank him for his contributions to this team and program and I wish him all the best.

His stock is as high as it gets.  He was arguably the best player on the best college team in the country.  He got exactly what he was looking for at UND....time to let him go after it.  He'll do fine.  He should be similar to Krug or Spurgeon. His skating is ridiculous.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, burd said:

I hope Stecher understands that every Sioux fan wants him to go for it if he feels the time is right and is behind him 100%.

Whenever he makes the announcement on twitter, I'm sure he will get overwhelming support from the fans. I don't think anyone will be mad that he is leaving, especially after how he has contributed here. There may be some that are disappointed, because they want to see him back in green and playing for another year, but even those people should be happy for him.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, siouxnami said:

Don't discount Mitchell Mattson potentially coming in and a potential high round NHL draft pick.

Hard to keep all of these guys straight, there is just so much talent. It would be nice if we could have a list on one of the blogs of committed recruits, and potential year of arrival (if there isn't already one), similar to what SFI does for football on the sidebar.