SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

25 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Just for conversation, and I don't want to take anything away from Kyle Connor, but do you guys think his numbers are a little inflated because he was able to feast on the not so stellar B1G conference. It would be interesting to lookup where most of his points came from. Conference games or non conference.

If I have time I will run the numbers again, but off the top of my head there was 1.5 more goals per game in big 10 games compared to the rest of the country so that is 4.5 gravy points a game for the taking.

• Upvote 1

Average goals per game by conference

Big 10---7.1

Atlantic--5.6

ECAC---5.1

HE---5.5

NCHC---5.7

WCHA--5.0

Michigan scored 5.4 goals per game in Big 10 play and 4.1 goals per game outside of Big 10 play.

Minnesota scored 3.8 goals per game in Big 10 play and 2.9 goals per game outside of Big 10 play.

On March 24, 2016 at 10:53 PM, MafiaMan said:

Channel 4 sports guy last night said it would only get better if North Dakota was invited to join the B10.  Pretty amazing to here a Twin Cities media figure say that on-air.

Was he immediately tarred and feathered on air for such blasphemy?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Sodacker said:

I think we can be more creative than just initials. Pony express and Pacific rim line names are much cooler than CBS and CCM line names. 

I don't know.  Pony Express nor Pacific Rim didn't win the natty.  Plus they're a mouthful.  At least Hrkac Circus had assonance.

21 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Haha I LOVE that.

5 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I'd also vote for 'The Money Line'

Shoot, now I need to go get a trademark. :) Just remember where you heard it first, when the The Money Line is tearing it up on their way to hanging #9.

• Upvote 1