SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

I don't see Cam going anywhere. I understand he's older, but teams aren't tripping over themselves for undrafted goalies.

And just so I know, what's the appropriate forum topic in which to speculate on our own guys? This one? The 16-17 season forum? I always thought this one was more for confirmed signings. 

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

Brock Boeser @BBoeser16 3m3 minutes ago

I am looking forward to coming back to UND for my Soph season to defend our NCAA National Championship!

That Boeser Fathead is already looking forward to an April trip to Chicago!

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I don't see Cam going anywhere. I understand he's older, but teams aren't tripping over themselves for undrafted goalies.

And just so I know, what's the appropriate forum topic in which to speculate on our own guys? This one? The 16-17 season forum? I always thought this one was more for confirmed signings. 

Aaron Dell thought he was going to get signed after his Jr year but it didn't happen like he thought. Unless you are putting up Ryan Miller numbers, chances are you are staying.

Not too surprised about Boeser leaving, there was a report I read that Vancouver even told him to stay. 

If given the opportunity, it would be hard not for the guys to leave. I mean you just won a Natty and now someone is shoving a big signing bonus in front of your face...

2 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Aaron Dell thought he was going to get signed after his Jr year but it didn't happen like he thought. Unless you are putting up Ryan Miller numbers, chances are you are staying.

Not too surprised about Boeser leaving, there was a report I read that Vancouver even told him to stay. 

If given the opportunity, it would be hard not for the guys to leave. I mean you just won a Natty and now someone is shoving a big signing bonus in front of your face...

$275k is a nice chunk of change.

Looks like the repeat bid is getting a big boost:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/4006817-und-hockey-boeser-announces-hes-coming-back-sophomore-season

“I am looking forward to coming back to UND for my Soph season to defend our NCAA National Championship!” he wrote on Twitter.

:D

17 minutes ago, NDinCO said:

I smell a Hobey Baker...

Just for conversation, and I don't want to take anything away from Kyle Connor, but do you guys think his numbers are a little inflated because he was able to feast on the not so stellar B1G conference. It would be interesting to lookup where most of his points came from. Conference games or non conference.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, crb1 said:

Just for conversation, and I don't want to take anything away from Kyle Connor, but do you guys think his numbers are a little inflated because he was able to feast on the not so stellar B1G conference. It would be interesting to lookup where most of his points came from. Conference games or non conference.

Michigan's goalie said after just one minute of play, he knew that his team hadn't played anyone like us all year. So I think this is a valid point.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Michigan's goalie said after just one minute of play, he knew that his team hadn't played anyone like us all year. So I think this is a valid point.

So getting to what my point is if during Brock Boeser's freshman year he can put up 60 points playing in the NCHC he should do fairly well next year and should be a hobey finalist if he has any sort of season like this year.

• Upvote 1

Isn't the NHL and farm teams already getting bloated with "talented players?" I'd have to imagine there's more players entering than exiting most years...and will keep getting harder to crack a NHL regularily as we've seen pretty good players spend most of their careers in the AHL.

22 minutes ago, crb1 said:

There is no doubt his numbers are inflated because of playing Big Ten opponents. 

43 of Connor's 71 points came from conference play while the remaining 28 points came from non-conference play. Just prior to the start of the NCAA tournament, Michigan only played 3 opponents that were in the Top 15 of the PWR which was Boston University(x2) and Michigan Tech. He only had 2 assists total in those 3 games. If you want to add playing Notre Dame and North Dakota then he had 0 goals, 4 assists total against teams in the Top 15 of the PWR.

PS This isn't intended as a knock on Connor, he's an amazing talent but when it comes to his stats, they were definitely inflated. Who Michigan played wasn't in his control though.

• Upvote 1