SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2016 Edition

AZSIOUX

16 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Appreciate the tweet from Trevor, but was anyone actually concerned he was leaving? Barring a significant jump in productivity and another championship next year, I kind of see Olson as a 4 year player. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see Trevor benefiting from leaving early, even next year.

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

Appreciate the tweet from Trevor, but was anyone actually concerned he was leaving? Barring a significant jump in productivity and another championship next year, I kind of see Olson as a 4 year player. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see Trevor benefiting from leaving early, even next year.

Trevor is just having fun. That's all. Must sense the tension in the fanbase about the other unknowns and is trying to lighten the mood. 

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thanks for all your efforts this year.  However took a terrible penalty at the end of the game that could have cost us the game against Denver.  Hopefully he will score a goal next year and break the ice.

18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Trevor is just having fun. That's all. Must sense the tension in the fanbase about the other unknowns and is trying to lighten the mood. 

Ok, that's what I was wondering. I remember a few others did that in the past. Regardless, glad to have him back. One of those guys whose contributions doesn't always show up on the Stat sheet but still a solid part of the team.

5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Would love to see Jost with Boser and Schmaltz...love it!!!!!

I don't think this would happen at many other schools. The culture and family this program has developed is truly unmatched. Speaker volumes about the coaches we have had, the players they recruit, and how they go about their business. Go Sioux! Could not be more proud to be a part of the family.

Perhaps the greatest thing about the family is that guys buy into roles...we not only get blue chippers, but we get 3rd, 4th, 5th rounders and late bloomers who understand the way the game is at the next level and buy into the role.  This is a huge difference in program and coaching vs some other elite programs (ehhem Gophers).  Guys who scored 30 goals in junior realize they aren't the best at this next level and buy into the program and the willingness to do the little things to win, and at the same time understand that everybody in the show was a point per game at major junior or college, including the scratches.  Think about Pogo.  The kid is a beast, and a draft pick, but he knows the game he needs to play to help the team and at the same time make himself an NHL ready player by banging and playing puck possession.  I love this program.

• Upvote 3