SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

Why wouldn’t he qualify. He could have played at SIU if they had let him. I don’t think the NCAA suspended him. 

It was MSU not SIU.

I thought he was suspended by the NCAA for five years due to his guilty verdict in the Title IX hearing. I was misinformed, as it appears he was suspended from UND for five years.  

3 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Looks like Otis found a landing spot in Oakland, CA.  Not sure what this school is, but they play a mix of NAIA, D2, and D1 universities, including Portland State, St. Thomas, and Southern Utah this year.

I believe in second chances, not sure any school would ever give him one but good for him.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Looks like they are a new DII program.  How does Otis qualify to play for an NCAA DII school? 

He is only suspended by UND, not by the NCAA, he can play for any team willing to take him 

if you follow his Instagram you can see he now goes to Lincoln and is even selling his King Otis merch. 

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

He is only suspended by UND, not by the NCAA, he can play for any team willing to take him 

if you follow his Instagram you can see he now goes to Lincoln and is even selling his King Otis merch. 

Yup, if you see my follow up post, you'll see I acknowledged my misinterpretation of his penalty.   :)

20 minutes ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Look at what just showed up on my feed, sometimes the grass isn't always greener

He sure could have made a difference this year. Hurts both his old team and himself. If he is a high character guy I’d take him back. Maybe they want to red shirt him