SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

I don't know. You may have a case over EIU, but everybody seems to be talking about a 6 win WIU team getting in as a travesty when it is not. If you aren't going to take strength of schedule and stength of conference into consideration, then you take a 9 win MEAC team or a 9 win Patriot Team over any 7 or 8 win team from another conference.

having the two best teams from last year in the same conference does not automatically make it the best conference and every team in it too 25 quality.  I don't buy the strength of schedule arguement. 

Well, I woke up this morning still angry.  Turkey day can't get here soon enough.

Ditto. Still pissed and trying to come up with a legitimate reason why we were left out and just can't. 

I hope our guys are pissed, have a great offseason, and come back and wipe the floor with EVERY team we play next season.

• Upvote 1

having the two best teams from last year in the same conference does not automatically make it the best conference and every team in it too 25 quality.  I don't buy the strength of schedule arguement. 

MVFC is the top football conference; not because of having the two best teams last year, but because of the best non-conference record this year.

You are correct that having the two best teams last year doesn't make every team top 25 quality.  Having 8 teams in the top 25 makes those 8 teams top 25 quality

• Upvote 1

MVFC is the top football conference; not because of having the two best teams last year, but because of the best non-conference record this year.

You are correct that having the two best teams last year doesn't make every team top 25 quality.  Having 8 teams in the top 25 makes those 8 teams top 25 quality

I must have missed the poll that has 8 MVFC teams ranked in the top 25.

• Upvote 1

I certainly wouldn't  argue that the MVFC is a stronger conference overall.  Unfortunately, the committee went out of its way with the WIU selection.  

To me, it's not even about just western Illinois.  UND should have been safely in the field ahead of a few teams (including WIU).

I thought I needed just a day to vent, but it might be a 9 month recovery process :sad:.  I can't imagine how some of the seniors are feeling.

• Upvote 1

So right now some NDSU posters over on AnygivenSaturday have a link up to this thread where their gloating over this.   Let's remember that when one of them tells you how you're not supporting the state when you're cheering for them to lose in two weeks.  Apparently these guys haven't figured out that just because their football team wins, it doesn't mean that they personally aren't classless pieces of trash. 

I saw in one of the threads on AGS that UND gets the recruiting leftovers from NDSU, SDSU and UNI.  Thanks so much for Santiago.  I'm sure that none of y'all want him.

Edited by GeauxSioux

I saw in one of the threads on AGS that UND gets the recruiting leftovers from NDSU, SDSU and UNI.  Thanks so much for Santiago.  I'm sure that none of y'all want him.

after what I saw of him in Fargo, I don't think you'll see ttoo many folks upset he is in Grand Forks.

• Downvote 6

When you factor in that NDSU has not lost a recruiting battle for anyone that they wanted in the last eleventy three years, I'm sure Santiago wasn't a good "fit" there. Besides, Bruce Anderson, according to Phil Hansen, has shown signs that he could become the best RB that NDSU has EVER put on the field. And that's without even having a 100 yard game yet. :huh:

When you factor in that NDSU has not lost a recruiting battle for anyone that they wanted in the last eleventy billion and three years, I'm sure Santiago wasn't a good "fit" there. Besides, Bruce Anderson, according to Phil Hansen, has shown signs that he could become the best RB that NDSU has EVER put on the field. And that's without even having a 100 yard game yet. :huh:

FIFY. :D 

When you factor in that NDSU has not lost a recruiting battle for anyone that they wanted in the last eleventy three years, I'm sure Santiago wasn't a good "fit" there. Besides, Bruce Anderson, according to Phil Hansen, has shown signs that he could become the best RB that NDSU has EVER put on the field. And that's without even having a 100 yard game yet. :huh:

Phil Hansen is the same guy who during a game last year declared John Crockett the best back in college football.  Not FCS, every division. I have no problem with announcers having a little homer streak to them but seriously...

Phil Hansen is the same guy who during a game declared John Crockett the best back in college football last year.  Not FCS, every division. I have no problem with announcers having a little homer streak to them but seriously...

He's a  numbskull.  Too much helmet-to-helmet contact back in the Bills days.   

• Upvote 1

NDSU is also splitting carries among 3-4 runnings backs each game.  Hard to have a backup get 100 yards averaging 6 carries a game.

If he's going to be the best EVER, might be finding him some carries... Or risk that a talent that great becomes disgruntled and moves on. 

Well, I woke up this morning still angry.  Turkey day can't get here soon enough.

I'm going to be to pussed and bitter about this for a long time. Hopefully the excitement of the recruiting season will take the edge off. To truly get over it 100% is going to take a playoff birth next season and a deep run. Even then I'll probably still have that what if feeling and major sympathy for the seniors.

• Upvote 1