SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Playoff Selection Show Thread

cowboys5xsbs

So they're well coached enough to not have let downs against bad teams, but not talented enough to beat good teams. Sounds like they're way better than a seeded PSU that beat 2 fbs teams who are both better than any win sdsu has. 

North Texas wouldn't beat valley city state. Hardly a better win than anything SDSU has.

The loss to Northern Colorado? How does that fit into your equation?

I think that's right, the staff felt better with our outside backers on the field compared to bringing in another safety or corner.

Ratelle is a monster, but on too many occassions we let other teams isolate our linebackers in coverage. Some plays we got lucky, some plays we didnt. We shouldnt put our inside or outside linebackers in that position, without a blitz call to back them up.

North Texas wouldn't beat valley city state. Hardly a better win than anything SDSU has.

The loss to Northern Colorado? How does that fit into your equation?

northern Colorado was the same as south Dakota this year, yet ndsu got a 3 seed.....

Your north Texas slam is ridiculous, but you know that. PSU slaughtered them anyway though. 

northern Colorado was the same as south Dakota this year, yet ndsu got a 3 seed.....

That's not part of the equation on whether SDSU or PSU is the better team.

The fact is SDSU lost to 3 playoff teams, PSU lost to 2 non playoff teams.

If PSU beats UNI in the playoffs, I'll believe they are for real.

So they're well coached enough to not have let downs against bad teams, but not talented enough to beat good teams. Sounds like they're way better than a seeded PSU that beat 2 fbs teams who are both better than any win sdsu has. 

Are you saying SDSU didn't beat any good teams?

Sdsu lost to 2 playoff teams and 1 playoff joke. PSU lost to one playoff team and 1 non playoff team. But losing to a non playoff team obviously doesn't make a team bad or unworthy of a top 3 seed.....

You sure disappeared for a long time when UND started winning games.  Troll on.

I've never once trolled on this board. Try again.

My posting theme in this thread revolves around the original poster saying UND's win over PSU trumps WIU's win over SDSU. I disagreed. If that sort of discussion is trolling than you need thicker skin my friend.

Edited by Bison06
  • Upvote 2

Sdsu lost to 2 playoff teams and 1 playoff joke. PSU lost to one playoff team and 1 non playoff team. But losing to a non playoff team obviously doesn't make a team bad or unworthy of a top 3 seed.....

SDSU lost to 3 playoff teams and PSU lost to 2 non playoff teams, UND and UNC.

Except your original post states you think UND should have been in. That means you consider them playoff-caliber, and skews your argument that PSU lost to weaker teams. Stick with using UNC as your example. :wink:

• Upvote 1

This non selection will sting for a long while.   

It should be a wakeup call to leadership in the Big Sky; somewhere in all this were political failings.   

No. We need to win more game period.

this has nothing to do with big Sky leadership. UND dropped two games that they should have won. 

• Upvote 2

Except your original post states you think UND should have been in. That means you consider them playoff-caliber, and skews your argument that PSU lost to weaker teams. Stick with using UNC as your example. :wink:

Playoff caliber sure, but not in the field of 24 so they are a non-playoff team.

This omission today hurts.  But the statement that the Big Sky didn't have the respect of the committee.   And if you would look at the Big Sky's track record in recent years- I've come away with the opinion that the league has been extremely soft in the FCS Playoffs.   The Eastern Washington's and Montana State's like to thump their chests about how big and bad offensively they are- for the points they put up...but they get exposed at playoff time- which is what has been the refreshing thing about Bubba and his staff's philosophy in building this program.  Today however- just doesn't feel very good.  Day by day.

• Upvote 3