SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were three....

Teeder11

What a horrible reason to pick FH. So anytime someone says 'hawks' were suppose to yell Sioux? How long will that good times last? As time passes this impulse to yell 'Sioux' will fade - sorry to say. But that bland, unimaginative name will still remain. Remember, this decision is forever (theoretically) 

True. But most people don't look 30 years ahead.

I recently chatted with someone who is reasonably familiar with Twamley. Their take: 

There's no point in defining a process if you're simply going to ignore it.

Kelley's just doing what he always does: Manipulating the situation in an attempt to get the outcome he desires.

Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention. 

the old we let the people vote until they get it "right"?

I recently chatted with someone who is reasonably familiar with Twamley. Their take: 

There's no point in defining a process if you're simply going to ignore it.

Kelley's just doing what he always does: Manipulating the situation in an attempt to get the outcome he desires.

Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't been paying attention. 

I talked to a lady on sunday who works at twamley too and she said anyone wearing Sioux mdse on jeans day must be very secure in their job...she said most people don't wear any because of the backlash from the higher ups but two ladies wear their stuff every jeans days with a smile...

Edited by SIOUXFAN97

Well if you are in Minnesota and tell someone you are from North Dakota, they might say Nodak huh? But if you cut them off in traffic and they see your ND plates it's fu$&ing Nodak.

Oh I finally get it! It's like driving anywhere near someone from Massachusetts and calling them a Masshole, because they are the worst drivers I've ever seen! Boston College Massholes has a nice ring, come to think of it

Don't worry though, because we'll be the UND Fighting Hawks. I've given up. Lost all hope.

Oh I finally get it! It's like driving anywhere near someone from Massachusetts and calling them a Masshole, because they are the worst drivers I've ever seen! Boston College Massholes has a nice ring, come to think of it

Don't worry though, because we'll be the UND Fighting Hawks. I've given up. Lost all hope.

as i stated earlier. A week can be a long time for voting.  All 3 have a good chance.

I talked to a lady on sunday who works at twamley too and she said anyone wearing Sioux mdse on jeans day must be very secure in their job...she said most people don't wear any because of the backlash from the higher ups but two ladies wear their stuff every jeans days with a smile...

When I did student work in Twamley I was told absolutely no Sioux apparel. 

Just text my mom, who has worked (and currently) in food service for over 30+ years at UND (bless her heart she is honored now and then in those fancy banquets), and she reaffirmed the position. 

I'm sure different supervisors within different departments are told different things, but rest assured. It (don't' wear Sioux gear) happens at UND.

PS....she said we "can wear them" but "not on work time."

Edited by Cratter

It's amazing how my feelings on the secondary option have changed since the 5 were released.  Roughriders has always been my top choice once Cavalry was eliminated.  However, prior to the vote I said I was ok with Fighting Hawks.  Then the results came out and suddenly I'd rather be Nodaks than Fighting Hawks.  Roughriders is still number one and that's who I'll vote for again but it's weird how much my thoughts have transitioned based solely on the results of round one.

• Upvote 1

You could still make a pretty similar logo to the "faux" Hawk that is out there. Change the colors and a little bit of design work.

I agree.   If fighting hawks is chosen and this is the type of logo wanted, we can make enough changes to a profile of a hawk and call it our own.

The supposed "confusion" of these "uninformed" college students voting for hawks solely based on a logo seems a little contradictory.    All kinds of already owned, unusable roughriders logos have been all over this website for months in an effort to pump up enthusiasm for roughriders.  Go figure.  

There is no way of knowing if there are more hawks supporters who think that specific hawk logo is usable, than there are roughriders supporters who think any of the roughrider logos floating around are usable.

And I thank those roughriders supporters who are stuck in circular logic/groupthink mode in advance for the ensuing thumbs downs.   :wink:

• Upvote 2

I agree.   If fighting hawks is chosen and this is the type of logo wanted, we can make enough changes to a profile of a hawk and call it our own.

The supposed "confusion" of these "uninformed" college students voting for hawks solely based on a logo seems a little contradictory.    All kinds of already owned, unusable roughriders logos have been all over this website for months in an effort to pump up enthusiasm for roughriders.  Go figure.  

There is no way of knowing if there are more hawks supporters who think that specific hawk logo is usable, than there are roughriders supporters who think any of the roughrider logos floating around are usable.

And I thank those roughriders supporters who are stuck in circular logic/groupthink mode in advance for the ensuing thumbs downs.   :wink:

so said the last 100 schools to switch from na nicknames to hawks, eagles, sparrow, finches, robins, canaries, or pileated woodpeckers.  gimme a break.. nodaks would be our own but its still boring and unmarketable.

University of North Dakota Roughriders. say it. vote it.

I fired my emails out.  I hope for a response.

I sent an email as well tonight, I did get a reply back from Peter saying thanks for the email, and he appreciates the feedback.  My main thing I emphasized in my email was that I felt whatever the nickname that get chosen, it needs to have 50% or more of the vote.

• Upvote 1