SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were three....

Teeder11

we are so close to this being done. lets just pick a boring name and just never use it publicly. like how our official colors are GREEN AND PINK

und.jpg

Seal of the University of North Dakota
MottoLux et Lex (Latin)
Motto in English
Light and Law
Established1883
TypePublic
Flagship
Space-grant
Endowment$230.5 million[1]
PresidentRobert O. Kelley
ProvostThomas DiLorenzo
Academic staff
823[2]
Administrative staff
2,051[2]
Students14,906[3]
Undergraduates11,537[3]
Postgraduates2,866[3]
LocationGrand Forks, North Dakota, United States
CampusUrban – 550 acres (2.2 km2), 240 buildings, 6,400,000 sq ft (590,000 m2)[2]
ColorsGreen, Pink[4][5]

Edited by rhenry8439

we are so close to this being done. lets just pick a boring name and just never use it publicly. like how our official colors are GREEN AND PINK

The official colors of the University are Green and Pink. The official athletic colors are Green and White. Last I checked, the nickname is for the athletic team. Why people can't get that right is beyond me.

The colors pink and green, which remain the University's official colors, were chosen by the student body in 1889 when planning for UND's first commencement exercises. The choice was inspired by the pink and green of the prairie rose, North Dakota's official state flower, and "suggestive of our green prairies and rosy prospects." The official athletic colors became green and white when it was determined that green and pink would not elicit a proper measure of respect from UND's opponents.

Its because you are just smarter than the rest of us. 

Yes, shame on me for not going around and making knee jerk statements based off of incorrect information.  The amusing part is that it was cited in the original post.

There's already more than enough misinformation going on with this giant mess, you'd think we could at least get the school colors right.

Wait, I thought he was a Sundogger, or was that before he was a FH guy... I can't keep up with the ever changing versions of which nickname Kelley wants.  They change as much as Kelley's voting "rules." :D 

because it took him a while for him to show his true colors...its pretty obvious what his preference is now....its your vote teeder and either your with Kelly and his wife or you vote for what is in the best interest of und in long run...

because it took him a while for him to show his true colors...its pretty obvious what his preference is now....its your vote teeder and either your with Kelly and his wife or you vote for what is in the best interest of und in long run...

ok, ok, ok... By that solid logic, I vote RR then.    Thanks for showing me the light!

You know for someone who is so certain of just about everything, you sure do go round and round on things.  And I don't think you are swaying any votes with your "a vote for _______ is a vote for Kelley"  mantra.  

You know for someone who is so certain of just about everything, you sure do go round and round on things.  And I don't think you are swaying any votes with your "a vote for _______ is a vote for Kelley"  mantra.  

its pretty clear now and I guess it should have been earlier to everyone that Kelly and his wife want fighting hawks (which I gurantee you will be shortened to just hawks by Kelly and his wife) was he predetermined choice from the beginning....nodaks lost...fair and square....as much as some dislike RR it still beat nodaks...if we go thru this process and FH wins....Kelly and his wife win.

The committee voted 7-4 to eliminate the possibility of continuing to play as UND/North Dakota.  It's kind of funny that 36% of the committee wanted to have the option of just leaving it North Dakota, but Nodaks gets put back in the running with only 20.49% of the vote.

That's how you bring it on a first post!

• Upvote 1

I finally had to speak up to this nonsense!  

Mr. Kelley and Mr. Johnson -

I am a graduate of the University of North Dakota and I've been very disappointed in how the nickname process has been handled.  My two biggest concerns are changing the rules as we go, and also not including the option of staying North Dakota, which I feel the majority of the people wanted as an option to vote on.  

The committee voted 7-4 to eliminate the possibility of continuing to play as UND/North Dakota.  That is only 2 votes shy of having North Dakota as an option!  Since the voting rules were changed to include the option for the Nodak nickname because it was a close vote, why wasn't North Dakota added to the list of nicknames to vote on? 

I imagine this isn't the first letter you've received regarding the North Dakota option. Truthfully, everyone that I've talked to about the nickname also feels that North Dakota should have been an option and believes this whole process was unfair. 

It's never too late to do the right thing!

Best Regards,

• Upvote 1